Mother's Day

The boys came down with some sort of illness that caused a whole week of staying inside. I was constantly cleaning up nastiness, doing laundry, comforting exhausted tired babies of mine and trying to keep them eating and drinking that I was exhausted too. Aidan was so dehydrated that there was consideration of taking him to the hospital. Luckily we didn't have to. It was sad to see him just laying on the floor when he wasn't feeling well. He napped mulitple times a day which is totally unlike him.


Here's Aidan on the floor, too tired and weak to move any further.

The kids were missing their grandparents so they talked to Grandma and Grandpa Morales on Jaime's new ipad2 with facetime. They really enjoyed it. Aidan was happy to be able to see 'Papa Morales.' He would say he wanted to get in his carseat and go see papa morales so this little facetime chat helped him.

All this happened just before Mother's day. Jaime stayed home from church with the boys while the girls and I went. It was good to leave the house and get fresh air as we walked to church. This Mother's Day was a day that I really enjoyed.
I'll be honest, I usually don't care for mother's day. It always seems to be a day that the kids are more whiney and I'm not in a good mood and I'm just tired by day's end. Sunday is usually a kind of stressful day just getting ready for church, taking care of the kids in church, trying to keep Tyler still during all three hours is draining. It's a day that we as mom's are told we are appreciated but it's generally a day that I don't feel appreciated. Also, I have a hard time hearing moms say it's Mother's day and they shouldn't have to do anything. I don't understand that. It's a day to recognize our mother's...not get a day off. When it's secretary's day or any other professional's day they don't get the day off and not have to go to work. They get flowers or a card or a lunch, something of the kind to recognize and appreciate the work they do. When you are a mom, you're a mom 24/7. It's not a day to expect to be waited on hand and foot. (Now, off my soap box, sorry.) After caring for my sick kids and being grateful they were better, I felt this wonderful feeling as I watched Lindsey sing the mother's day song and smile at me in sacrament meeting. I felt loved and truely grateful to be a mom.
This year I decided that this Mother's Day I wanted to make dinner for my mom and Jaime's mom instead of the usual of having dinners at their houses. I wanted to do something for them and let them know how much I love and appreciate them and who they are. We invited all my family and Jaime's family over to dinner at our house. It was so much fun to have family dinner together. We were able to accomodate all 17 people comfortably. Everyone had a good time, the food was great, and the visiting was even better. I enjoyed being with everyone and having them in our home. (I also loved that it didn't feel crowded with all the new space we now have in our new home.)

 

Everyone enjoyed catching up since it'd been a while

I loved the cards the kids made for me, the flowers, and the fudge I got for Mother's Day but I will tell you, my favorite was having family close and the wonderful feeling I had all day. I love my children who gave me the blessing of being a mom.

Comments

  1. What a sweet and wonderful idea to make your mothers a dinner of appreciation! You are such a sweet mommy and I am so glad this mother's day was wonderful. It's always interesting how alot of the time when we focus on others rather than ourselves, we find so much more joy in life! Thank you for your wonderful example :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...