NOVEMBER

I can't believe how fast November has gone. This post will have to be a summary of it all since I was off the ball at keeping it updated! It was definitely a busy month. I've been involved with multiple things and activities that my days have just whizzed by. My Sundays are busy with the usual church meetings plus ward choir practice, stake choir practice, and a practice of a musical number with three other women. I've really enjoyed being able to sing more. Our stake choir director is very tough and makes us work at very difficult songs. It's been good for me. I have two callings now. I lead singing time in the 3 nurseries. We have 15-18 kids in the oldest nursery! (We're going to need more than two sunbeam classes!) It is a lot of fun but chaotic most days but it's something that I get more spiritual feelings from than I thought I would. My newest calling is the RS Directory coordinator (?). I think that's what they called it. Basically I am compiling all the sisters in our ward, updating last years directory. We've had 13 move-ins in the last 4 months or so. Our ward is now as big as it was when it was split in 2012. 

We've been having get togethers with friends, the kids have had lessons or activities or parties I've had to run them to. I've been working on multiple projects all at once which is kind of bugging me that I haven't gotten one of them finished yet. Sewing multiple things, painting, sanding…I'm hoping to get more of that done this week. There's been the usual visits; when we can, to our family members. 

These next pictures are of the kids playing at 'Get Air.' We went with some friends one day to let the kids burn up some energy. They just get to jump on trampolines and into foam pits. Great for active little ones!

Aidan and Tyler warmed up to the place quick. 

I didn't know what Aidan was looking for...

His sock!

He worked so hard to get it back on while he was sinking in the foam pit.


Socks off, better climbing traction!

There's Aidan and Tyler bursting through. They liked burying each other and popping out.


Aidan enjoyed climbing to the top and sliding down on his back.
We went on a very busy day so the place was packed. Olivia was there for a birthday party and there happened to be 3 other parties at the same time so you can imagine the numbers that were there. I stayed in the 5 and under area with the boys for the most part but I did wander around the facility a bit to watch the girls…if I could spot them. 

Here's Olivia and Lindsey (Olivia's in the pink behind Lindsey.)


Game day shirts! They all love wearing attire from their favorite teams.

Tyler likes to let Olivia dress him up. He will hate these pictures some day. But they're so cute!

There was decorating for the Thanksgiving season, RS activities, and of course Thanksgiving! We celebrated Thanksgiving at Bel's house in Hermiston with Bel, Chris, Marcus and Jaime's parents. It was small and quiet for the most part but we enjoyed the time together and the no-stress day. These guys (Marty, Chris, Marcus, Jaime) can talk for hours about fantasy football! :) We had way more food than we needed for who was there; which is usually the case with any Thanksgiving. It's all about the left overs! I made two apple pies and bought a pumpkin pie. (I don't care for pumpkin pie and didn't want to make the effort of making it but brought it for others. They said it was good.)
The day went well except for one little hiccup. Bel and Diana were talking to me about how they saw on the news just a few days ago that Yoke's and it's affiliate grocery stores had a hack in there credit/debit card system and people were finding fraudulent use on their cards. Diana asked if I had used my debit card there and I knew that the last couple times I'd shopped there I paid in cash. No more than 20-30 minutes later Jaime gets a text on his phone about a fraudulent purchase of $199. He asked me if I had bought anything that day...no. At that moment my phone rang. It was a call informing me about recent activity on my debit card. I freaked out. So I had to call and talk to someone from the bank. The purchase was at a Walmart in Arkansas but luckily the fraud department smelled the iffy-ness of this purchase and it was declined. Phew! So no money was taken from our account. The lady was so understanding and helpful and sent a new card out to me immediately. We have great fraud protection! It was literally minutes that we were informed by text, call, and email from when the "purchase" was trying to be made. Jaime looked back in our statement and saw that I did use my debit card at Yoke's the first week of October. I'm grateful no money was lost. So I had even more to be THANKFUL for on this Thanksgiving! 

Grandma Morales and Lindsey cutting up the turkey.

Aidan waiting for dessert!
I'm thankful for so many things! I can't list them all obviously but I truly felt grateful on this day. As I should. I love this time of year and I'm ready for December, ok not really. I can't believe how little shopping I've done for it. But still, I love the holiday season and Thanksgiving seems to be the kick off more than Halloween. 

Lori came to visit us on Friday the 29th and ended up staying the night. My kids love their Aunt Lori. We took her with us to my parents house to have dinner with them and my grandparents and my cousin's family who were there visiting. On Saturday we put up our Christmas tree. I still need to take down my fall decorations and put up the Christmas decor. I may wait until this weekend to do that since I have preschool at my house this week. 

The boys enjoyed hanging with Aunt Lori.

I gave Aidan one piano lesson and he picked it up quick. He likes to get on the piano and practice what he's learned. I need to jump on this wagon and work more with him while he's so interested. 

So this kind of sums up November for us!






Comments

  1. I've got to go to that trampoline place! Jer's been 3 times for Young mens.. haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...