Tyler at School

I just wanted to give a little update on Tyler in school. He's been enjoying it so much. He still doesn't like homework and loathes writing but he loves math, recess, art, and technology. 

He has good school spirit and likes to participate in the dress up days. 

For good behavior and school work teachers and support staff give the kids Maya Bucks to purchase things from the school store. Occasionally the school has drawings for really big prizes. Kids can put Maya bucks with their name on it in the drawing bucket. Tyler wrote his name on every single Maya Buck he had earned and saved. He refused to buy anything at the Maya store because he wanted to see up his bucks to win a tablet in the drawing. I told him that if he puts all his bucks in the drawing he can't be upset if he doesn't get drawn and then doesn't have any more money to use at the store for any other things he may have wanted. He said he understood that. The day of the drawing I was so nervous for him. I think he even had trouble falling asleep the night before because he was so excited about it. 

I was thrilled to get this picture from his teacher! He won the kindle fire tablet! He was so excited to bring it home to show me. I was so grateful that his faith pulled through for him. Granted having over $100 to put in the bucket helped but there was always the risk of him not getting picked. 
We do still put restrictions on his play time with it but he's happy to have one of his own. And I'll admit, I am glad he won something he was so set on and he was patient enough to save long enough to increase his odds of winning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...