Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a little more low key this year. Jaime's family was gone in Arizona visiting Marcus. None of my siblings were able to come visit at moms so it was just Jaime, me and our kids at mom and dad's with grandpa Noble. It's been a while since it'd been just my family at mom and dad's so we did enjoy the time with them. We always enjoy visiting. 

At one point in the afternoon mom said Grandpa was feeling chipper. She asked him if he'd like to play his harmonica. He said yes. So mom got the harmonica and Grandpa started playing the Battle Hymn of the Republic. He doesn't have the air capacity that he used to but we could still make out the song. 

He tried playing Silent Night, which started out good, but then he transitioned it right on in to the Battle Hymn of the Republic again. hahaha. He turned 95 last Sunday. His strength and energy has really declined this past year. I felt so grateful to be around him when he felt well enough to play for us. I truly felt I had something to feel thankful for. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

That Time of Year