A Week Away

This last week I got to spend time with Jaime in San Diego. Jaime's college Scott Raab and his wife Chandra went as well. Chandra and I went for vacation while the guys went to work. 

We made sure to get a meal at Miguel's right on the water. Great view, great food. 

Miguel's makes the best corn tortillas I've ever had. 

While the guys were at the conference us girls spent time sitting and relaxing and reading by the pool, soaking up the warm rays, going on walks, shopping and visiting.
 On our first afternoon together, Chandra and I went on the trolley hop on hop off tour of San Diego.  We loved learning facts and history about San Diego. 

We spent quite a bit of time on Coronado Island. Fun fact, someone with a bulldozer made sand dunes on the beach to spell Coronado Beach that can be seen from the sky. I wouldn't have noticed the dunes spelled anything just by walking by. 


The Coronado Hotel. This antique hotel is so pretty and I love how they've kept its character. 

It's like stepping back in time. 

To a place Marylin Monroe and many other famous people stayed. 

We walked along the beach. 

Dipped our feet in the water. 

It was pretty being out on the beach.



These cool sand castles were on the beach. 

It's so charming. 



We enjoyed walking around Little Italy and having lunch at a cute restaurant. 

We stopped to see the Mormon Battalion historic site and shopped Old Town San Diego. 

I was asked to help show what the soldiers wore in the battalion. 

We got up real early to attend a session at the temple. It is just gorgeous. I liked seeing it lit yup in the dark early morning and then walking out in the bright morning light. We had a spiritually wonderful time. 



When Jaime and I were first engaged he said he would take me to the San Diego temple one day since it was somewhere I'd wanted to go for a long time. 

We went for our first time in 2014. He made my wish come true x 2 this week. :)

Chandra and I went walking around the hotel and the boardwalk. 

It looks so cute and beachy. 

When the guys were done with conferences we all got together to have dinner, walk, and visit. Some yummy places we went to were The Cheesecake Factory, and a delicious taco restaurant with outdoor seating. Then we wanted to take them to the Beach Hut to get açaí bowls. This is the place we found when we went on our Disney Cruise. 

It was so good! Scott liked it so much they went back the next day and got more. I could eat an açaí bowl every week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...