For Unto Us A Child Is Born

On Wednesday December 16th I went to the hospital at 7 a.m. to start my induction. I was already dialated to a 3 and dr. said if I wanted to have the baby I could. I didn't want to be in the hospital or recovering too close to Christmas with my entire family home for the season so I said sure!

I was finally underway at 8 a.m. with pitocin. The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent in boredom and watching tv with Jaime at my side. At around 12:45 the dr. came to break my water because that usually gets things going quick. My kids have all arrived shortly after the water breaks. However, since the baby's head kind of floated up he decided to wait a bit to not risk the umbilical cord coming out first or wringing around the baby's neck. Bummer! I was so disappointed. So, on to more waiting, turning up the pitocin...again. Finally at 3:30 p.m. I was having some strong contractions and dialated 5-6. My mother-in-law came to visit at 4 and Jaime told her that it would probably still be a while since my water hadn't broken. Around 4:15 I decided to roll on to my side thinking it would ease the pain...I was wrong! So Jaime started to help me roll back and then my water BURST! I was so shocked. The dr. was called. A few contractions later the nurse asked me if I felt like pushing...well yeah I sure did! I was fully dialated and at that time the baby was coming on his own! The dr. was getting himself ready and the nurse was trying to get the bed raised and taken apart for delivery but this baby was coming whether they were ready or not. I couldn't help it so I pushed! The nurse turned and delivered the head, dr. came round and then took the baby's head in his hand and told me one more push to deliver the shoulders, out he came healthy as could be at 4:32 p.m. weighing 7 lbs 6 oz 20 in. long.

We named him Tyler Keven Morales (Keven after my Dad). It was hard to come up with a name for us but we finally did it! He has a few similarities to a couple of our kids but really, he looks very different from them right now. It will be interesting to see how he changes. Aidan looks nothing like he did as a newborn!

We are all happy and healthy. The kids all love Tyler, they say it all the time. Aidan has done surprisingly well. I thought he'd be jealous since he's such a clingy momma's boy but he's very intersted in his new brother. He loves his little toes.








Aidan and Uncle Marcus looking at our new guy.



It's so nice to be at home in my own soft bed!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! He is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, he's beautiful! I just want to give you the biggest hug and hold that handsome little boy. You guys have done well. I love how Aidan has a fascination with his toes... you're such a good Mommy Lisa.... God bless you and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your growing family!!! We were glad to hear of your new addition and glad everyone is well. You asked about a swaddle...we use the kiddopotomous swaddle me as it was gifted to us in a shower. We absolutely love it and Adalynn won't stay asleep unless she's in it...even at nap time. Swaddling her in a blanket worked for a while, but she would get too hot and she outgrew being swaddled in a recieving blanket. We were gifted two different sizes and Adalynn is now in the second size up. The newborn size lasted about 3 months. We would definitely recommend it to anybody interested in swaddling their baby!!!!! Hope this helps. Love you guys, and congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your newest addition! He's absolutely adorable! You guys do good work! I can't wait to come see you and hold that precious little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I received your email and I will respond, but I have been with my hubby in VA for Christmas. Thanks for thinking of me and I am SO glad you were able to have your little guy before Christmas! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! He's very cute! Love the name! We came THIS close to naming our baby Tyler. Hope all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...