Merry Christmas!

Christmas is always a fun time for our family. I love getting together with all of my family
and all of Jaime's. However as our family gets bigger and everyone has things going on
it does make it more hectic for us to get around to go see everyone. We tried to make things
a little less hectic and easy by not trying to make it to everything like we have in the past.
On Christmas Eve afternoon we went to my parent's house and built gingerbread houses with
those who were there. It was fun doing something simple and being able to visit.
Over the hills to grandmother's house we go.


Aunt Lori and Aidan paired up to build a house.


Tyler and I built one, rather I built and Tyler licked. I'm not eating any of this one. ;)


Lindsey and Uncle Jon built a skyscraper office building.


Olivia and Grandma Marcia built one together.


Aunt Elizabeth helped Great-grandma Noble build her very first gingerbread house!
Grandma was very excited. :)

The kids ALWAYS have fun playing with Aunt Lori. Pillow fight!!

At 6:30 p.m. we went to Jaime's parents house for dinner. Bel and Chris were able to come
and as soon as Marcus got off work and he and Miranda got there we gathered in the living room.
The kids could hardly wait for Marcus to get home so they could open gifts.
It's a tradition in Jaime's family to open their gifts on Christmas Eve.

Lindsey enjoys playing and horsing around with her soon to be Uncle Chris.


Yea Uncle Marcus is here! Let's open the presents!








We got home close to midnight. The boys were exhausted and went straight to bed.
The girls were giggling with excitement as they put out cookies and egg nog for Santa.




I heard the girls say to each other "This is the best Christmas ever!" as they
ran outside and sprinkled "reindeer food" on the lawn.





It's dry oatmeal and colored sugar. It's supposed to attract the reindeer so they'll stop here.
I'd say it worked!


Lindsey was the first to wake up at 7:12. Olivia woke up at 8 and the boys came wandering in the family room just as we were talking about starting the opening of gifts at 8:30. I wish my kids would sleep in that late on Saturdays. :)







They were excited with each gift they opened. This was a special year for the girls in that they used their own money to shop for gifts for their parents and grandparents at school at a "Kids Go Shopping" program. They were so excited to wrap the gifts themselves and watch them be opened by whomever the gift was for. 




This bat cave isn't a new toy but Tyler wanted his picture with it since I took Aidan's picture with his new castle. Silly kid. It's funny how new toys can make playtime with older toys fun again.

Jaime's wonderful! He got me a sewing machine! I'm so excited to attend the classes that come along with the purchase of my machine. This baby even threads itself. When Jaime brought this large, wrapped box home I was hoping it was a sewing machine. There were many times while he was at work that I'd sit next to this box holding it and rocking it back and forth to see if it made any sound. I debated carefully opening it and wrapping it back up. I was that excited for it! No I didn't cave and left it alone and waited until Christmas. I was a good girl and the gift proved it!

After opening the gifts at our house we headed over to my parents'. We opened our gifts from them and watched them open gifts from us. 






Late nights and lots of excitement always wears Tyler out.

The kids all got Dream Lites and turned them on in the car on our way home. They like the pictures and stars that are projected on the ceiling.

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner provided by my mom. And of course the visiting with family is always one of my favorite parts. Due to snow we didn't get to stay as long as planned but made it home at a decent time to get tired kids put to bed.

The day after Christmas is a day we get to put everything together and find places for all the new stuff.
Olivia and Lindsey enjoyed putting their new Lego Friends together.

I'm grateful for this time of year to think of Christ and all he's done for us. We're so blessed to be close to our parents and grandparents to be able to be with them for these special times.
Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. congratulations on your new sewing machine! i love my bernina so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I am glad I got to see all the pictures, since we didn't get to be over there with everybody this year. Enjoy your new machine! And, PLEASE use those classes. I didn't make time to go to mine and now I really wish I had!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...