A Decade of Marriage

December 27th, 2012 - our 10 year anniversary!
It doesn't seem like we've been married for ten years. I still feel as giddy to see him when he comes home from work as when we were first married. I can't get enough of him! I love being with him and spending time together. And this year, for our anniversary we did just that.
My parents came to pick up our kids in the morning on the 27th and Jaime and I left for Spokane.
I had played with the plan of going to Hawaii like we did for our honeymoon but I'm saving for a large expense in the next few months or so. 
We stayed at the Davenport Hotel for a few days of alone time. It was great to be able to give each other 100% of our attention.

We had the HONEYMOON Suite! Complete with kitchenette, fireplace and walk-in shower.

Thursday we ate at Chili's for lunch, did some shopping, ate dinner at P.F. Changs
(their lettuce wraps are my favorite!)
Friday was a wonderful day! We went to the spa at the Davenport for a couple's massage.
The tables/beds were heated with luxurious sateen sheets. 
The music and dimly lit room were very relaxing. 
It was Jaime's first one and he was hesitant to go but he did admit that it was very relaxing
and that he could do that again. After our massage I went into the women's steam room. 
The room was 110 degrees. It was relaxing for a while then I decided that I was done and
went to the "Serenity Room" for some cucumber water and refreshment. The cucumber water
is sooo good and better than lemon water. I've already googled a few recipes for it and am definitely going to try and make some. I drank 2 glasses of the water. 
I guess I was in the steam room longer than I thought!
The Serenity Room

The Serenity Room

Then it was time for my 50 minute facial. Again I laid in a heated bed. Awwww it's so nice. While my face was wrapped in hot towels I received an arm and hand massage at two different times. Included with the facial is also a massage for the neck, shoulders, and scalp. My face felt so good after it was done. I could spend an entire day there, I'm sure of it. I love to be pampered. It was a wonderful gift, Jaime. Thank you so much.
We spent the rest of the day together with nothing pressing us for time.
Strolling through the hotel checking out the beautiful rooms.
Hall of Doges


Marie Antoinette Ballroom

We ate lunch at Olive Garden, strolled through the mall and killed time till we purchased our tickets to go see the movie Les Miserable.

This giant tree was in the mall. I never did get to see it lit up. Christmas is over so they don't light it.

Saturday was the end of our stay. We checked out at noon and went to pick up our kids at Jaime's parents house. The kids stayed one night at my parent's and one night at Jaime's. 
They all had a good time. They built a snowman with my mom.



They enjoyed being spoiled and having there special time with grandparents.
We appreciate our parents who love our kids so much and love to watch them for us. 

Jaime, I had a wonderful 3 days with you. We could definitely use it more than once every 10 years. 
I love you more and more with each day. I think of you as often as I did when we were first dating, first married. I can't imagine my life with out you and pray we can live a long, healthy life together. I'm grateful for the blessing of being sealed to you for eternity because I'd be lost without you there.
Jaime, I love you because:
  1. I love the way you always open and close the door for me. Even after you're on the other side of the car and you buckle in kids you still will walk around the car to open the door for me. You've done this from our first date and still do it and never seem to get tired of it.
  2. I love your people skills. You can make conversation with anyone and help anyone feel liked and comfortable. You're a safety net for me when meeting new people.
  3. I love that you love your job. You do it so well and it's been a blessing to our entire family.
  4. I love your laugh. When something gets you and you laugh so hard I want to laugh with you just because I'm happy to see you so happy.
  5. I love how you parent our children. You're a wonderful father. I couldn't have asked for better.
  6. I love how we see important matters eye to eye. We have the same goals and I'm grateful to aim to achieve them with you.
  7. I love your passion for technology and cars. You have excellent hobbies that can benefit our friends and family. You've been able to help so many with information and your talents.
  8. I love that you will put my needs before yours. It's not something I ask for but it's in your nature. You genuinely care how I'm doing and if I'm not well you'll do whatever you can to help me, whether it be to help with the kids, get me something, help me to warm me up (as I'm cold quite frequently). I know how you love me by all you do for me.
  9. I love that you don't mind my lazy days. Instead of spending a day cleaning or doing whatever I should around the house, sometimes I'll watch a movie or just spend it with kids and do absolutely nothing productive in the house while you're working all day. You don't ever say anything to make me feel like I should have been working.
  10. I love that you help take on responsibilities around the house and outside. You help make meals and clean up after meals without me even asking. I can ask for help with something and you'll do it willingly. 
Jaime, there's so many more than just 10. I'm blessed to have been able to spend the last 10 years with you and I'm excited to spend the next 10 together. I couldn't have asked for a better husband to walk with. Thanks for taking care of me and our kids in such a loving way. You're an excellent provider, father, and husband. I love you.

Comments

  1. Wow, I really can't believe it's been ten years!! Seems like you were just engaged. :)
    You two are so lucky to have each other.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your guys' relationship, it is simply beautiful to me! And what a way to celebrate! Shnazy hotel, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this. Thank you for sharing. Happy anniversary! So glad you had such a special and memorable time at the Davenport. You both deserved it I'm sure. It has been a while since I have hopped onto the blog world so I have so much catching up on to do. But I enjoyed reading through your blog and seeing what your cute family has been up to. Breckham got so many train sets as well. He loves trains too. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time together for your anniversary. The Davenport is awesome, I loved it when Jeremiah and I got to go there several years ago. I am glad you two found each other. I couldn't have asked for a better husband for my sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...