18?! 18?!

How do I now have two adult children?!
We had Grandpa and Grandma Naylor, Aunt Bel, and Liv's friend Makayla over for dinner to celebrate Olivia. She was going to be having waffles with the works for lunch at the superintendent's student council meeting so she chose not to have waffles for dinner as per her usual birthday tradition. Unfortunately, she was very disappointed to get to the luncheon and it was pancakes!! 

For dinner she asked me to make her favorite parmesan bow tie dish. We had grilled marinated chicken thighs, broccoli, and salad. Olivia is not really a cake or ice cream girl. Which is why at Grandma's she asked for loaded chocolate chip cookies for the birthday dinner earlier this month. Today she had a s'mores crunch wrap. They're so so good. 

Just prior to opening this gift she was saying she never made it to artfetti to buy some macarons like she likes to do every year. She opened the wrapping paper and what did she see...

a box of macarons from artfetti! Does her mom know her or what. 😘

The Nike jacket she asked for from Grandma and Grandpa Morales.

Bel got her a new license plate along with some cash. 

Aside from the macarons she got some clothes from mom and dad. 

A turn table and vinyl from Uncle Marcus and Aunt Aide. She also received another deposit of money into her savings account from Grandpa and Grandma Morales. 

I had asked everyone to write notes to Olivia saying what they loved about her. I didn't take a picture of her reading the notes but I wish I did. She was just beaming. She said it was very cool to receive all these notes and cards. She received notes from Dad, Mom, Lindsey, Aidan, Tyler, Grandmas and Grandpas Naylor and Morales, Uncle Chris (well Bel had to tell what he didn't get time to write), Aunt Bel, Uncle Marcus, and Aunt Aide. As soon as she was done reading them she said that these notes were going in her Box. A box where she saves special and important things. 

I know Olivia had a good birthday. She had Fro Yo with friends after school, a luncheon, dinner with family and a friend who stayed a while and they got free birthday drinks from a few places around town today. By the time the end was ending and she came to tell me good night, she was just smiley and as happy as could be. I love you Olivia. You're such a fun person to be around. It makes me so happy when I see her happy. It's hard to imagine our house not having this cutie here. I'll sure miss her when she moves out some day. It'll be here way too soon. I don't think it's something I'll ever be ready for, for any of my kids. I've never looked forward to when they'd be moving out. I've just had a special relationship with each of my kids. I'm so blessed to have what we have. It makes me feel bad that when I was a teenager I could hardly wait to move out. How that must have made my parents feel. It makes me feel good that my kids (Lindsey and Olivia so far) have said they aren't excited to move out. It just means they're happy here and love to be with family. But as they grow they learn so much and learn to become more independent. I'm amazed at how well Lindsey has adapted to being on her own and taking care of what needs to be done on her own. I have no doubt Olivia will get to that point as well. She's such an ambitious girl when she wants to be. She'll do well for herself. Happy birthday Olivia!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...