Another Birthday Came and Went

My parents made me a dinner for my birthday on Sunday the 6th. All my sisters made it! Emily and her fam were traveling home from Utah and stopped in (out of their way might I add) on Sunday just for a few hours to eat and chat for a bit. Before they had to head out we snapped a few photos.

Mom and her girls.

Dad and his girls.


Our infamous pose

And messing around in a matter of seconds before we shouted good-byes!
I had so much fun. I LOVE, LOVE my family. I missed my brothers on this day

 My birthday was Tuesday. I felt loved by the many messages, texts, calls and cards that day. None of my kids remembered until Jaime came home from work. But that's ok. (I highly doubt I remembered my parent's birthdays when I was that young unless someone older reminded me.) The kids gave me a great gift that evening. Jaime and I were supposed to go out to dinner and his mom would watch the kids in Grandview. However, Jaime had meetings that he later found out he HAD to be to so it became too late to drive that far for a dinner on a school night. I figured we'd just stay home. Jaime asked Lindsey if she'd be alright watching the kids while we went out to dinner. She was happy to. The kids were all great for her. We were gone exactly one hour. It was a wonderful gift my kids gave me to be able to go out with my hubby.
A delicious dinner!!! And free dessert. :)
That night Jaime and the kids gave me the new perfume I was wanting. Down Town by Calvin Klein. 

On Thursday a friend of mine organized a girls night out for my birthday. We went to Applebee's for desserts and visiting with our friends. It was very thoughtful and fun to get out with other adult women to talk and laugh. 

This time of year we usually go on a weekend getaway with some friends. Due to a family vacation they couldn't go with us this year. I told Jaime we didn't need to go anywhere but he wasn't going to have any of that! (SWEET!)
He planned the getaway without my knowledge of what was going on. He had planned to keep the entire trip a surprise but when I started scheduling things on my calendar he decided he needed to let me know we were going to be gone. He let it slip later on that we were going to Spokane. 
My friend asked if we were going to stay at the Davenport again but Jaime had already told me that we weren't.
On Friday the 11th Jaime came home from work early. He'd been working "overtime" and was able to use flex hours for PTO. Not that any educator ever gets paid for overtime but for many things he was involved in he was able to get some. 
Diana came to stay with the boys and Jaime and I left around 3 p.m. The 2 hour drive doesn't seem to be as slow the more we take it. We got to Spokane and he drove right the Davenport! He got a deal and was able to switch hotels the night before. We like to stay in the Tower so that's where we were again. We didn't stay in the honeymoon suite this time but out room was perfect for us still.

The weekend was pure rest, relaxation, fun, eating out (and not trying to get our kids to eat even if it's what they asked for) and 100% attention to each other. 

We went to see Gravity in IMAX 3D

Jaime lounging on the chaise.

We went for a meal in the Safari room at the hotel. I tell ya, that place is hopping! There's so many people in there from noon till late at night. 

Waiting for our meal.

This crepe with strawberries and whip cream was so good.


The Marie Antoinette Ballroom

It was set up for a wedding. It's such a beautiful room.

The lobby in the main Davenport hotel.

There's so much detail and history. I liked walking around and looking at everything and reading about the pictures from the hotel's past. It's such a beautiful place. I'm glad it was restored and renovated. :)

One of the women's bathrooms in the lobby. It's huge! The pic doesn't show it but I imagine it's full on evenings of large events. 

We sat on an antique couch and enjoyed what was around us. :)
Jaime's my best friend. I can't get enough of him. I enjoyed the weekend we had together. Thanks for the fabulous weekend Jaime! I love you.
 I'm so grateful for family that loves to watch our kids so that we can have time together. 

And what did our kids do while we were gone? Had a blast, that's what!!
They went to the Country Mercantile with Aunt Bel and Grandma Morales.

They look like some tough kiddos hanging out waiting to cause trouble. :)

This was so much fun for Tyler since he was too small to go on some of the rides at Silverwood. I love his face up on the Frog Hopper. That ride is at Silverwood and he didn't get to go on it. 


They went shopping and bought yummy food and fun things, ate out multiple times, watched two new movies, and were spoiled to their hearts content. I told Bel that she spoils our kids but really, when she does this, she spoils Jaime and I. If it weren't for Diana and Bel wanting and expecting to watch our kids this time of year, every year, we wouldn't be able to go on our getaways. It's harvest time at work for Marty so spending the days and over night with our kids gives something fun for Diana to do and not be so lonely. Bel comes to help and spend time with her nieces and nephews. They take great care of our kids and even my house! They wash the clothes the kids wore, do the dishes and make all the beds. They always tell me they enjoy it so much and thank us for letting them watch our kids. I'd say they deserve the bigger thank you than we do. 






Comments

  1. Happiest of Birthdays to you! What a beautiful place you stayed in! Which makes things more fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice getaway! I'm glad Jaime did it even though Anderson's couldn't come with you. It's always nice when the kids have such a blast while you're away too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...