My Birthday Treat

I love that birthday celebrations over multiple days of the week can spread out the birthday fun. Sweet gifts arrived on my doorstep, my friend Sarah spoiled me with gifts and lunch on Thursday. Jaime took me to the Couer d'Alene Resort Thursday-Saturday where I spent a couple days at the spa, taking some short hikes, a dinner cruise, good food at restaurants, swimming and hot tubbing. Saturday evening we went to dinner with close friends and ended the night with a group of friends visiting and laughing over treats and a game. 

Jaime has always tried to spoil me for my birthday. He's taken me away for my birthday for years. It kinda started about 12 years ago when we'd go on weekend getaways with our friends the Andersons in October. Generally around my birthday. Though the tradition of traveling with them didn't continue (Probably because we moved from Grandview) Jaime continued to take me somewhere for my birthday. Because it's just a weekend it's always just a few hours away. The last handful of years it's been to Spokane or Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho. This year it was at the Coeur d'Alene resort because Idaho is more "open" than Washington right now. Restaurants, stores, spas, etc are open in Idaho. 

My favorite thing to do is go to the spa. This time I found my favorite massage therapist! Her name is Kelly May. I plan to book a massage with her the next time I come here. ;) I love the view of the lake while I get to sit and relax. 

We went for a hike

and a dinner cruise on the lake.


Such a beautiful evening.

Due to the pandemic places have to limit the number of people in spaces. For this particular activity I was grateful. The boat wasn't very full. As tight as the chairs were, even though empty, I know it would have felt way too tight while eating at the table. So it worked out perfectly for tonight. Thank you Jaime for a good birthday trip. 

Here's to my last year in my 30s! Yikes!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...