Our Little Thanksgiving that Felt Big

I got a massage at a chiropractor's office and a few days later I got a call that the massage therapist was diagnosed with Covid-19. So I went to get tested 5 days after exposure to see if I had it because I wanted to see my sister and family during thanksgiving. My results were later than normal getting in. I felt fine but I wasn't going to go anywhere in case I was carrying the virus. 

I spent the majority of the day before Thanksgiving in the kitchen. Lindsey joined me in the evening. It's more fun working in the kitchen with someone else. 

I made pie, rolls, and cinnamon rolls

I've gotten pretty good at making cinnamon rolls. They're so delicious. 

This is the first time in 18 years that we haven't spent Thanksgiving at one of our parents houses. As I celebrated with my own little family I still felt as happy as when we were with extended family. Things we did today brought my thoughts to many thanksgiving memories. The food, everyone helping in the kitchen, fun conversation at the table, taking a walk (or as a kid playing outside with cousins), playing games, movies, and looking at Black Friday ads are things I've always done on Thanksgiving. There may have been fewer at the table with me but I didn't feel like I was missing anything. That is thanksgiving. 

Our feast turned out marvelous. So good. 

We went on our family thanksgiving walk. 

I loved hearing the kids talk as we were out. 

thanksgiving day my results came in...it was negative! So glad. I told my family I understood if they didn't want us to come since it's recommended you quarantine for 14 days if you've been exposed. My family  still wanted us to come since I'd tested negative. I was so happy to see them. 

The kids put together a gingerbread lighthouse. 

The older ones assembled...


And the younger ones decorated. I'm so glad I didn't get sick and we could see Emily's family before they left. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...