Letting Go

Yes, I too sent my first off to school for the first time. I knew it would be hard for me and it really was. On Friday August 28th, Lindsey had her first day of school. The night before we put her clothes out so in the morning she got dressed and was stoked to head off to school. She was so excited and looked so adorable. I took her to her class. She was a little nervous but by the end of the day when I picked her up she had so much to talk about. She loves the songs and the activities they play and her best friend is in the same class which makes the day a ton better! I did cry...but not until I got back in the car. Liv told me that she would miss Lindsey and she did! She would ask when we pick Lindsey up and things like that. My visiting teacher came and brought her kids so that helped both Liv and me make it through the day. I watched the clock tick till it was time to pick her up. Lindsey is so kind and smart and even though she's ready for school...I wouldn't mind keeping her around a little longer. She's such a big help and a great friend. I feel for working mothers who have to send all their kids off to daycare and preschool all day, everyday. Sending one off for me is hard enough! It's always been our family tradition, as well as Jaime's family, to take their picture on the first day of school. So here's my big girl...ready to face the world....so it seems to me. :)



Liv needed to have her picture taken on Lindsey's first day of school as well. She already talks about when she goes to kindergarten. I tell her not until she's five...and I have no trouble keeping her here until then. :) She's helped me a lot since Linds has been gone. We cope with missing Lindsey together.

Comments

  1. Lindsay looked so cute on her first day! :) I loved that Livy had to have her picture too, it reminded me so much of Alex. He did the same thing that day, "I want a picture too mom!" It HAS been good to have that one on one time with our younger ones, definitely needed. It IS comforting to know that they ARE in good hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it...kindergarden! I don't even want to think about that right now. I'm already going crazy cause Adalynn is two months today. geeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! That's nice that her and Cami get to be in the same class. It makes things not so scary when you have someone there you know. You're cute for getting so emotional about the whole thing. It's just crazy how fast this is all happening! They're growing up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...