The Waterfront

Saturday morning we walked to Pike's Market. I'd been here before but never with kids. Walking around Seattle isn't the most kid friendly atmosphere. Constant smokers, drunks yelling things. It's the first time the girls saw people come up to us asking for money. One guy had vomit and food smeared in his large beard. I felt bad for the homeless and explained to the girls why we saw people sleeping on the benches at the waterfront. I was thoroughly grossed out as I had to side step vomit and the outside bathroom that we came across. Seattle's a beautiful city...but I had very different feelings about being there this time around. The last time I went to the waterfront I was with friends from high school for a choir competition. Things I saw then didn't phase me...now with my babies with me...yeah not the best. :/

This is the largest piggie bank I've ever seen here at Pike's Market

We made our way down to the Gum Wall.
We each had a piece of gum to add.

It's all for the experience, ya know?



I've seen engagement pictures in front of this wall. The colors make a fun backdrop. 





After the Gum Wall we headed down the stairs to the water.

Its so beautiful!


I love the happiness I see on her face.


View of the Space Needle and City from the waterfront.

Fountains







Then it was time to checkout of our hotel and head on home.

We went by Safeco Field

The open sun roof makes traveling more interesting...as does Lori for that matter. :) She's so much fun. The girls had fun laughing with her.


We stopped at Krispy Kreme for a snack. Yum! 

After that we drove to North Bend to go to the outlet mall and walk around for a while and do a bit of shopping. 

The girls liked this large stand up of Clawdeen Wolf from Monster High.




It was a fun, short weekend trip. Thanks for the fun Lori!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...