Spring is here! Spring is here!

We are happy to announce that it's been warm, sunny, and windless recently! We've enjoyed it to say the least! In fact we didn't turn our AC on until two days ago. 

I had a great Mother's Day!
Dinner was at Bel's house this year. Such good food!!

For Mother's Day Lindsey made me this in Activity Days. It's supposed to represent my four kids and that we are together for eternity. What a sweetheart. She loves to go to the activities. She's learned a lot. 

Tee Ball! Go Warriors! Oh wait, Aidan has to talk to the catcher first! Silly kid. 

It's a hit! Run!!

Aidan was so dirty after his game (the kid spun and played in the dirt when he was out on the field.) he took a bath. Tyler can't pass up a bath so he climbed in too.
These two really are best friends. 

Late night shopping at Home Depot isn't complete without testing the riding mowers. 

Duck face!

Someone got my phone to play with the camera...

Olivia made a nutritious dinner to pass off one of her Faith in God goals. Makin' fruit kabobs!

Since it's spring I do get that hankering to do some spring cleaning. And not the usual stuff like cleaning the bathroom. Although I still have to keep up on that. I've been doing the jobs that no one notices if they are done but can see if it's dirty. I vacuumed dust from all the air vents in the ceilings one day. My light fixtures were looking fuzzy so I cleaned all of them one day. My shaker style cupboards have a raised edge on them and crumbs and dust build up on the edge. I spent another day using a toothpick and rag cleaning them out. 

They look brand new!!

Today's job was cleaning my sliding glass door tracks. Yuck. They were never really "Lisa clean" when we moved in. With all the wind and sand and guys working in the house during construction it got pretty dirty once it was installed and not really cleaned out when we moved in. SO, today I "Lisa cleaned" it. I used many many q-tips and toothpicks (who would have thought a toothpick would be used so much in house cleaning!) and found great satisfaction each time I pulled up more gunk on a toothpick or q-tip. After it was shining clean I applied some Ultra Lube to help that puppy slide. And then I had to wash the glass to complete the job. I felt very pleased with the result but surprised how tired I was when it was all done!
Before:
After! Look how it shines!!

And to end on a not so gross note:
I've been obsessed with avocados. I have them in wraps, salads, dips, or by the slice. So I decided to invest in this nifty avocado pitter and slicer. LOVE. IT. 

Oh and Costco avocados are the best. They stay green after they've been cut so much longer than any others I've tried. 
Go on now. Have a black bean, corn, tomato, avocado wrap now. Or another fav is turkey, avocado, lettuce, red and yellow peppers and cucumbers with a dollop of Greek yogurt wrapped in a spinach tortilla!!! I could go for that now. ;)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...