Tough Mudder

I've always been a bit leery but at the same time wanted to try a mud run. I don't like dirt especially mud. But I've been exercising and working hard on getting in to good shape and I wanted something to make me challenge myself and work towards. Jeremy Anderson was the one who talked me in to doing the Tough Mudder. He'd asked me to join them before when they'd gone but I do have a hard time going outside what I know and doing something new. But I needed Jaime, my comfort zone, to come with me. So I had to talk Jaime in to doing it with me. He got in to exercising some as well and eating better. He lost 30 lbs! I'm super proud of him 

Andersons had another couple of friends come join the team. We came up Friday night after dinner and stayed in a hotel. Saturday morning I felt ready to do this! The first mud pit I just went for it. I jumped in. Had to get in some time right? It's not as bad when you know you're going for the purpose of getting muddy. It's different when you have nice clothes on and don't want to get dirty. hahaha

But we did it! 10 miles of running and obstacles to get through. Walls to climb, pits to jump in to, money bars to cross, water to wade through, and barbed wire to army crawl under and a nice pouring of rain during part of it 

I'm glad Jaime did it with me. We are two people who no one would ever think we'd do something like this. But we did! And we both said it was fun. I liked being able to work with others to get through the obstacles. 

My legs are pretty battered and bruised. Climbing muddy hills with rocks and sticks in it will do that to ya. Would I do it again? Yes. Will I? I don't know. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...