Florida...Beautiful but not always warm

February 10-14 Jaime and I took at trip to Destin, Florida with Sarah and Brandon. 

We had a layover in Denver. Flying over the mountains was so beautiful. We ended up having a longer lay over than planned. We got to our hotel so late at night that we didn't even get to see the beach because it was so dark. The drive from the airport to our hotel was longer than it should have been due to the misty fog. Jaime called the hotel and talked to the front desk. The man said they'd be waiting for us and to drive safely. 

Upon arrival we got into our suites. We stayed at the adult bed and breakfast of the hotel. The room wasn't extremely large, the bathroom was  quite small but we were right on the the beach. We were able to have the doors to the balcony open all night and hear the waves. 

It's the details that I like about nice hotels and bed and breakfasts.

The view when we first woke up! Absolutely beautiful!!

The main resort was so spacious and grand feeling. I could have been just as happy here I think. But we would't have been right on the beach. The resort is across the street from the bed and breakfast. 222



It was abnormally cool weather while we were there. The pools are heated but not heated too warm because usually the Florida sun helps heat it as well. Since it was cool outside we rarely saw anyone in the pools. We swam in the adult pool a few times and had it to ourselves. As long as I kept swimming and moving around I stayed warm and enjoyed the water. 

The bed and breakfast. Our room was the top floor, last balcony on the left facing the beach. We literally were able to walk off the deck and onto the sandy beach. 


Jaime and I stole away for some time to sit and relax on the beach. 

It was very pretty but the weather and water temp felt similar to the Oregon coast! lol This is not what I was really wanting when going to Florida. I did think we should go later in the year or what I learned was we needed to go further south to have warmer weather. That's what I'd really like. Hot sun, warm, ocean, and time to play and relax. :) Some day. 

I loved this white sand! 


One afternoon we drove to another beach and walked around. Sarah wanted to go to see the city but then when she saw it there was nothing she wanted to get out and do or go to any of the shops. 

I was just happy to go along for the ride and time to walk along the beach. 

We went to an escape room. This was probably the hardest one for me that we've done. Murder on a train car. There were a lot of confusing clues and numbers you had to work out. Glad I have smart people to get me through. :) I have yet to be in an escape room and not be able to get out in the allotted hour. Now if I was to do one on my own...I probably couldn't say that. haha

Sarah and I can't go to a resort and not get a massage! I went with some other special resort package. She exfoliated my skin and did some other things but the massage overall really wasn't that great. For me I need to stick with the deep tissue/sports massages. :)

We were supposed to go sailing but our captain came down with Covid-19 so it was canceled. I was so bummed! I think it would have been so fun. However, with the weather I think it'd be cold and not what I was really wanting or imagining. I want to be out in the sun in a swimsuit on a sailboat. This trip was definitely not that time. lol

So we went on a dolphin viewing boat ride. We saw dolphins before we left the bay. We were able to see a lot of dolphins as they liked to come and swim along side the boat and ride the wave alongside the front of the boat. So that was a lot of fun to see and send videos of it to the kids to see. 

It got so cold! We had to stay bundled up. We had a lot of fun though. Being out on the water and seeing the dolphins was real cool. 

I love this girl. Sarah and Brandon can make me laugh so hard. When I need a good laugh till my belly hurts I just need to go hang out with them. They're on the go type people which makes our trips always on the go so our trips are always scheduled with fun activities. 

Our view coming back to the boat launch. The lit up city was really beautiful reflecting on the water and the blue sky behind was such a pretty contrast. 

We tried lots of good places to eat! I really did enjoy the food on this trip. The ahi was delish. 

One night we took an hour drive (it was longer before the bridge was closed due to a hurricane from the previous year so we had to drive the long way around) to go to a comedy show. We wanted to eat at Rodizio but it was a super long wait. So instead we went to find something to do before the comedy show. We found ax throwing! Surprisingly I really liked it. I could get the target with the ax real well. The hatchet I just could not get the rotation right to stick it to the target. Oh well...I'll stick with a mean ol' ax.

I think I beat Jaime on the bullseyes. ;)

Sarah arranged for a photographer to come and do a photo shoot on the beach. She didn't want us watching her and Brandon pose so we turned away and took a few selfies with them behind us so we could see them :D. But then we did get some good ones of just us. 

Friends on the beach!




I love how the sky, water, and sand blend so seamlessly.




These pics with the white sand and pine trees looks like a winter scene. That's sand behind us...not snow. 

He loves me <3








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...