While the Kids Are Away We Will Play

So while the kids have been gone to the coast with their grandparents, I made some plans of my own! I didn't make dinner all week! I said I wanted to go to places to eat that were new for both of us or at least one of us...or we had a gift card so the food was free. I mean, who doesn't love free food! And generally a gift card doesn't have enough on it to feed our entire family so we still end up paying when we use the cards (which is what the restaurants hope for). 

We ate at Frost Me Sweet

The avocado butterflies appetizer was so good! I liked my dish Curry On but I think it could be a little smaller...for me. :)

One of the gifts Jaime was given from staff at McClintock was a book called The Adventure Challenge - Couples Edition. It has 50 scratch-off date ideas. We planned to set some time aside in the evenings to do some of the dates. 


We had a movie night an an indoor tent. #adventurechallenge We had to pick a romantic movie to watch. We found one on Netflix that we had never heard of or seen before, Midnight Sun. 


At Magill's I had a delicious sandwich and sweet potato tots and then a side of Mac and cheese! It was so good! I could go back just for that Mac and cheese. They have so many different kinds. I've never had a cheesy pasta that I liked more. haha

Jaime got a huge breakfast that he couldn't even finish but it was real good. 

One night we got dinner to go and bought a basket to carry it in then took it to a park for a picnic. 
Another night we cashed in on another gift from McClintock staff. A dinner cruise. 


We had perfect weather to be out on the deck riding down the river. It was beautiful. In the evening as it got later and the sun went down it did get pretty chilly but then we sat inside. Until the last 15 or 20 minutes. We wanted to be out on the deck and see the houses and lights as we got closer to docking. 

The dinning room. We were able to eat on the upper level. 

Dinner was delicious and the atmosphere was spot on. Such a fun night. 

We had a gift card to Poutine, eh? I ran one afternoon to Kennewick to pick up two orders for us.  We got the small boxes, I thought wouldn't feed much, but we were so full! It was really good, Pretty much veggies, meat, and sauce on top of fries.

It was a fun week to try new things and spend some time together. It's a week my kids look forward to as well as Jaime and I.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...