B Reactor Tour

When I heard tours for the Hanford B Reactor would be ending for a few years I decided I needed to get out there and see it. I knew some of the kids had already been there during field trips. Or so I thought. Turns out only Olivia has been. I didn't know that when I reserved seats for me and Tyler to go. I should have had Aidan and Lindsey go with us. But Lindsey went a few days after Tyler and I did. When it reopens after they make some renovations, then I'll take Aidan. 


Tyler was the only minor on the tour. 

We both enjoyed the tour. I'm amazed at all the intricacies of the reactor and the short period it took to build it all. 

The valve pit
People are so smart! I enjoyed hearing the history and learning.

Seeing things still there from the WWII era is neat. 

The Hanford site does not look like this anymore. It was quite the small community back in its bustling days, preparing to go to war making the atomic bomb. 

The control room

Hear Here telephone booth

Kilroy was here. ;)

The US flag with 48 stars. 







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...