The Angel Around Me

On Sunday August 16th I was asked to give the opening prayer in sacrament meeting. I was sitting at the front of the chapel singing the opening song. It was 'How Firm A Foundation,' one of the Hymns the primary kids have been learning this year. So because Lindsey knows the song it was so cute to watch her sing her little heart out. I started thinking about what a sweet girl she is and how much I love her and can't believe that she's starting school, how much I'm going to miss her....all sorts of stuff like that was running through my head. I was in an emotional state that day so tears were always on the verge. During the song, Lindsey smiled so big at me and then held up a paper that she got in her Sunday School class. On the paper it said, "Jesus Christ loves you" and she pointed to it and to me while she was singing. I had to do all I could to not let my watery eyes drip. I'm going to miss this little angel so much. Have you ever heard the song 'Angels Among Us?' It's usually played during the Christmas season but I had recently had it in my mind and thought of Lindsey. She's so sweet and tenderhearted and always wants to be a peace maker. She's definetly an angel to me and I'd love to keep the girl home another year from school but she's so excited to go. Look at this sweet angel's face!




I had decided to get her pics taken (I was way later than I like to be when getting pics taken each year) and spend the day with her. After her photo session we went to lunch and did some shopping and got the last of her school supplies. She told me that it was such a fun day. She said that it was a mommy/daughter day! "There's not two girls and a boy, just mom and me!" She took my hand and walked with me. Little did she know she melted my heart and I wanted to cry and keep her with me forever and not send her out in to the world.

She has orientation tomorrow before she starts going to school all day, every day. At least I get to go with her. This is soooooo hard for me! I know I'm going to cry when I drop her off to school for the first time.


Comments

  1. Not only is she beautiful on the inside, but on the outside too. She IS such a wonderful little girl! They do grow up too fast, and we just wish we could hold on to them forever. I think about that with Cami too. I'll be crying with you Lisa... love ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how grown up she is!

    Don't worry...we all cry the first day we drop our kid (especially when it's the first) off at school. Even those who won't admit it. :) I felt the same way (not wanting to send him out into the big bad world) the day Cameron started school. I can't definitely say it will go away, but it gets easier, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart! I just love those precious pictures! Those one-on-one moments are so special - Lindsey's lucky to have you for a Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...