Mini Honeymoon Getaway!

Jaime and I were able to go on a little weekend getaway to Seattle this past weekend. It's the FIRST time we've gone somewhere over night and not had any children with us.
It was good to have one on one time. We did lots of walking and shopping! The first place we went to was....

Yep the American Girl store!!! I was so excited to go. It opened the weekend before. It's the first one over on the westside. The rest are on the east side of the country. I love dolls and I love the American Girl dolls. It was amazing in the store! I went two times. It felt so magical. Everywhere we went, walking the mall, restaurants, even our hotel during breakfast, I saw girls carrying their dolls around. It made me miss my girls and want to take them so bad so see it all.

Here I am with a posterboard child of the American Girl Doll of the year, Kanani
I would buy this doll if I was a kid.:) She's beautiful.

We are off to a friend's wedding. It was a great weekend. We did lots of window shopping, ate great meals at P.F. Changs (I love their lettuce wraps!) and Bob's Burgers and Brew (not the brew though, haha).
We went to see the new Transformers movie and bought fun things for us and the kids while shopping at the Alderwood Mall and an outlet mall.
Sunday morning we headed for home and on the way were able to stop and go to church with my parents in their new ward and pick up the kids.

The mountains were beautiful.
I had to take some pics to show Lindsey as she loves to see and learn all she can about volcanoes!
I missed the kids, it was weird being away from them so long, so whenever we saw some thing that reminded us of them we'd go look at it like the Disney store for Aidan, Sanrio (Hello Kitty) store for Liv, American Girl for both girls, and Tyler..well just seeing other toddlers and baby clothes made me think of him. After all he is my baby so it is a little nerve racking leaving him.

The evening we got home we showed the girls pics of our trip. Look at their faces when they saw the picture of the American Girl store. They had no idea it was there and that we went.

They were even more excited when we brought out the gift bags for them.






Some day we'll take the girls there so they can see it themselves and enjoy the magic of it.

It was good to get back and see the kids. They were so sweet. Aidan kept coming up to me and hugging me and telling me he loved me. It feels good to know that you were missed.
So Monday I took them to a school playground to get out and run around.



And to tie all this up, on Wednesday I'm taking the girls to the dollar movie to see the American Girl Kit  Kittredge movie.
Gotta squeeze in as much fun time with my girls before they're both off to school in August!

Comments

  1. I love getaways! We need to go on more of those. I have to say that I'm the same way though, I always miss the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a fun trip! Yeah, we all know what else you did too ;) hahaha, just had to say that :) I LOVE the look on your girls' face when they saw what you got them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...