A Happy Valentine's Day it was!

For me Valentine's Day started Wednesday night. Jaime was out running a few errands for work and brought me a chocolate strawberry blizzard. It was so good! He was so sweet to bring me a treat just because.
Thursday February 14, 2013

We had heart cinnamon rolls for breakfast.


I made chocolate dipped strawberries for Jaime and the kids.
The kids got a box of chocolates with a book/toy.
I gave Jaime a box of heart shaped jr. mints with a card telling him how much he 'mint' to me.


I had fun helping the girls make their Valentine boxes for their school parties.


When they came home they had lots of candy and cards.


Olivia wanted a mail box. She also was given roses and a hand made card from a boy in her class.
Jaime asked if any other girls were given flowers. Nope. Jaime's not a fan of Paul. Hahahaha.


Olivia surprised Jaime and I with this cute Valentine on our door.


Jaime brought me a dozen roses with two lilies. I LOVE them!
They smell sooooo good. They're perfect flowers. Thank you so much Jaime. I love you.


We decided to make Valentine's more for the kids this year. We didn't want to find a sitter (harder on a school night) or wait at a busy restaurant. I wanted something for all of us to be together. 
I came up with a night at the movies.
I decorated with lights and signs and made tickets and gave $6 to each child.

Only the girls had seen Ice Age 4 so we picked that one. Very cute.



Jaime was great and played along. He took the tickets at the entrance to the theater.
The trailers were running as they walked in.


The kids just soaked up the atmosphere. The island was perfect for the concession stand.
I made a poster board with their food choices.

We combined this with dinner. They could have hotdogs or nachos for their meal along with juice and a chocolate dipped strawberry.
They saved their "theater seats" with their stuffed animals while they ate at the table.
When they were done with dinner they went back to concessions to buy their treats of popcorn, twix, kit kats, or M&Ms. Their favorite!




They said repeatedly how much fun they had. Jaime and I had a lot of fun as well. I'd do anything for my Little Valentines. I'm so glad we did this for them. After all, they are the best Valentine gifts Jaime has ever given me. :)




Comments

  1. Super cute! I wish I had been feeling better and had more time and energy to do something special this year. Oh well. WE all still felt the love... at least the kids had fun valentine's parties at school/ day care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest way to spice of movie night! Might have to use that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, that has to be one of the most awesome things to do for your cuties! I absolutely LOVE the idea. If you don't mind I just may steal that idea from you in the future! I'm glad you all had such a wonderful valentine's day. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so darling, what a good mother you are! Very creative. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...