Tender Mercies

We all have those times that we feel down and sad for whatever reason. A couple weeks ago I was having a moment like that for reasons that don't need to be explained right now. I had been praying for answers for something that I could do to help a situation and was feeling a bit lost and sad. I wouldn't say I received an answer to what I was praying for, however, I received an answer that was specifically for me. One to help me feel better and realize that this burden I was carrying wasn't going without notice by my Father in Heaven. I know He recognized the love that I was feeling and why I was so troubled. You know how you hear of people having been able to open the scriptures and just open up to a verse that answered something for them? Well I had an experience similar to that...one like I've never had before. I didn't open my scriptures, rather a hymn came in to my mind suddenly out of the blue. I started singing some of the words out loud and the Spirit hit me with such strong force! I wanted to remember the rest of the words as I could only remember a few. I went to my hymn book and found the song. I played it and sung all the verses. Of course, it brought tears to my eyes but you would not believe the warmth and comfort that I felt as I sung those words. I know that the Holy Ghost put those words and music into my mind for later I could not remember what the song was! I searched in the hymn book a couple times after that for the song because I wanted to remember this wonderful experience. I couldn't find it. Then today during the sacrament the thought came to me again that I wanted to find and remember the song that came to me a couple weeks ago. Guess what...I found it. :) It was "Where Can I Turn for Peace" (129)
1. Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?
2. Where, when my aching grows, where, when I languish, where in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand? He, only One.
3. He answers privately, reaches my reaching in my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end.

This is exactly how I was feeling and the words in verse 3 was my answer. He answered me privately, just like it is said in the song. I'm so grateful that I can be close enough to the Spirit to be able to recognize the love my Father in Heaven has for me and that He helped me at this time to lift my spirits. He doesn't want me to hurt or be sad but I know He understands why I was. And as I continually pray for His guidance in this matter I know that I will be guided as long as I am faithful. I'm grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that it is the only true church. I've had it witnessed to me many times that the doctrines of Christ's church are true. I wish I was better at explaining so that I could share this knowledge better but maybe, just maybe, I can touch someone's heart by my simple, often when crying, words. 

Comments

  1. Thanks Lisa for this! I often find myself in moments of sadness too...I love hearing your testimony and know too that our Savior loves us and wants us to be happy in everyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. It is a song I have turned to a lot in times of sorrow and trial for me. Thanks for your sweet testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...