It's here!!

I have never ordered a dining table. The tables we've had have been given to us and the one in our kitchen was a craigslist purchase. I have looked for years for table and chairs that I wanted in my dining room. I wanted a sturdy and durable table, something that looked nice but not too formal. I never liked the sets completely that I'd look at. One evening Jaime and I were on a date and decided to go to Walker's furniture just to browse around. I found a style of table I liked. It was solid wood, stored additional leaves inside and was a casual but not "chippy" style. (I liked the look of rustic planked tables I'd see but I didn't want the grooves in between the planks to catch food or dust and make cleaning not so easy. Yes I know this to be a fact. My friend had a table like that and was grateful to finally get rid of it.) I liked this table at Walker's but not the oak color. Luckily for me it's a special order Indiana Amish made line and they had a bunch of color choices to choose from. I'm still nervous and picking a color for something with a small 4x6 sample but I made my decision and chose the graphite color. Only one catch, I didn't like the chairs that went with the table. So we left planning to find chairs and when I did we'd come back and order the table. A few weeks later I found some cushioned chairs I loved. Better yet they were on sale and came in sets of two! I hesitated to buy because it was online but after reading over a hundred reviews all with 4-5 stars I went ahead and bought them. Then we went back to Walker's to order the table. I was told it'd take 6-8 weeks to make and ship. Well, it took the full 8 weeks! I order the first week of November. I had to wait through all the holidays (which I guessed they didn't work during). My projected delivery would have been 4-6 weeks if it wasn't during holiday season. Hahaha. My chairs on the other hand came real quick! So I had some very nice chairs for the holidays. :)

Today my table was delivered! They brought it in and assembled it.

I absolutely LOVE it!!

Gorgeous

Oh and let me tell you about my impulse buy! We went to pay for the second half of the table when we found out it was here for delivery. While at the furniture store I saw this beautiful cabinet! It was just returned by someone. It was a special order item so they marked it down even further than the sale price. And because I had just ordered my table the guy we were working with gave me an additional discount on it plus he could add it to my table tab so I didn't have to pay for delivery for the cabinet! I'd been looking at similar cabinets online for a couple months but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $900 or more. I got this for half that! And it's a solid piece too. They didn't need to assemble any of it for me. They just carried it in and put it where I wanted it. 


Filled with some dishes giving me more cupboard space in my kitchen. 

Our first dinner at our new table. I walk into the room sometimes just to sit at my table, and I do enjoy the new furniture smell as well. :D My dining room is looking for like a dining room. I'll eventually get around to paint and I'm on the hunt for curtains and wall decor I like. I like the idea of adding board and batten around the walls but I don't think Jaime and I are that handy;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...