Pieces of My Heart

I have gotten to know Chuck and Shirley Sickles and love them so much. They have great humor and hearts of gold. When I get the chance to help them with things like a yard sale I'm all over it. I was so sad to find out they decided to move to Utah. They have some family here but a lot more in Utah. They travel there all the time and decided they wanted to move back to the old homestead that belongs to Shirley's family. 
Today I went with Cheryl Yount, Kathie Baugh, and Marva Jones (sweet older ladies in our ward) to take lunch to Chuck and Shirley while their house is mostly boxed up. When Kathie asked me if I wanted to join her and the other two I was thrilled that these women considered me a friend and knew of the relationship I have with the Sickles; that they included me in this service. 


Cheryl Yount is another wonderful woman I've been able to get to know in our ward. She's battling cancer in her own way, naturally, and has the most positive outlook. We've had some special bonding moments as well. I love to learn from her. She has such a sweet and strong testimony and what she says always touches my heart so much and I think "Me TOO! That's exactly how I feel but I can't put it in to words like she does. "
Chuck wasn't too thrilled to have his picture taken as he's pretty dirty from working outside packing up stuff in their garages but I was grateful that he let us get pictures with him anyway. I will miss Chuck and Shirley so much. Not seeing them at church every week will take some getting used to. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...