Run the River Half Marathon

 

Brian has been wanting to run a half marathon so he asked me if I'd get back into running and train and prepare to run one with him. It just so happened that he was available to come up for the Run the River half marathon on April 20th. (Lindsey deciding to go to the temple the day before made it perfect timing so that Brian could be there for it and the half marathon.)

My parents stayed the night at our house so they could come support us at the start of the race. 

I kept a good pace and was trying to get a PR. It would have been awesome to make it under two hours but I just couldn't run faster it seemed. I felt good the entire race but the last couple miles it seemed to drag on, like I was running longer than 13 miles. lol But I am happy to say I did get a PR! I cut 2 minutes off my time. I ran it in 2 hours and 33 seconds. So not far over 2 hours! I placed 49th out of all runners, 22nd among all females, and 5 in the female age group of 40-49. 

Brian finished in 2 hours 8 minutes and 14 seconds, was 65 out of all runners, 34th among all men, 17th in the male age group of 30-39. We did awesome! I was so proud of him.

My splits recorded on my watch.

Just getting started. You can see Brian just behind me.

There goes Brian,

This girl was in front of me for a long time but I finally passed her. 


At the last drink station I grabbed a cup of water...I thought it was water. But it wasn't. It was a hydration drink but I think it was too sugary for me. At this point, almost to the finish my stomach was not feeling good and I thought I was going to hurl. 😓 So I didn't get the same look of celebration as I crossed the finish line like I did the last time. lol

Here comes Brian up to the finish looking like he's having a grand time. 😄

Finisher shirts and medals.

Thanks for running with me Brian!

We enjoyed the recovery zone. Got a massage and enjoyed the chocolate milk and other foods provided by different vendors all for free. It made for a fun morning. Mom and Dad stayed around the park going for a walk waiting for us to come back to the finish. Jaime left back home while we were running then he and all the kids and Isaac came to watch us cross the finish. I enjoyed their support and celebration with us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

Living Life Day to Day

The Past Week...