Maritime Museum



Checking out the fish

Aidan

Levers, buttons, and switches in the tow boat tower.

This boy was in heaven

Marcus, Olivia, Lindsey

Working on crafts and learning about living at sea.

Tyler loved all the model ships. He liked watching the videos with the waves crashing around the ships.  

We learned about the U.S. Coast Guard and some of their training is done right here in this area because the waters can be worse than anywhere else. 


Marcus and Lindsey

Olivia going for a tour of the ship. We all felt a little claustrophobic in the tight quarters.

I love this photo of our family. It wasn't even set up. We all just climbed on and smiled for the camera. 
After touring the ship we went to eat at Pig N' Pancake then Jaime and I said good bye. The kids got to stay the rest of the week with their parents as Jaime went to work and I...I did whatever I wanted. :)
And this is what I did..

Tah Daahh!
I painted and redecorated Lindsey's room. Teal at her request. 
I painted the desk chair pink and put pink accents around the room.
I put new luxurious linens and bedding on the bed. I wanted to sleep in it they felt so nice. But Lindsey's room is often used for guests (since I turned our guest room into an office/craft room.) so they can enjoy it too. I added white light and bright ruffled curtain panels.

I made these pretties to hang above her bed.  I plan on painting her dresser and night stands white eventually. She loves it, I love it. :)



I spent the evenings with Jaime after he got home from work. Is was date night every night. I really can't get enough one on one time with Jaime. He's truly my best friend. 

We got some My Fro Yo and wandered the mall for a while. The last time Jaime was in the mall was last year when the kids were at the coast with his parents.

I resisted cleaning the house from top to bottom. The thought of being able to clean it all and not having kids around to mess it up appealed to me. However, how often do I get this much time to myself?! Uninterrupted time!? I clean every day when the kids are around. So no, I didn't clean the house spotless. Hahaha. Not that it was bad but I know what odd house keeping jobs could have been done. 

The kids continued to have lots of fun and enjoyed being spoiled by their grandparents, and aunt and uncles.

Lindsey and Aidan on a carrousel. 

Olivia, Aidan, Tyler, and Lindsey

They went on one very LONG bike ride to the Fort Stevens museum. 
Here Grandpa Morales is holding Tyler's bike handle to help him keep up.
There was an accident on the way back. Tyler wanted grandpa to slow down so he stuck his foot out and it went right in between spokes of grandpa's bike tire. Oh Tyler had quite the skinned ankle! I was told it swelled up bad too but the swelling didn't last long. His ankle hurt long after he was home too. I've been doctoring him well. His recovery is almost complete. :)

In an army jeep at the museum.

Riding home in the truck. They had so much fun but were tired as well. They said it was good to be home and they missed Jaime and I. It's always good to hear but I know they didn't miss us too much amongst all the fun.

 
I always enjoy watching my kids play with their toys as if they're new after being way for so long. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...