Swim Lessons

(Just an FYI but you will probably need to click older posts to read all of my recent posts!)
The kids and I spent a week (August 11-16) at my mom's so Jaime's cousin could give Lindsey and Olivia swim lessons. It was a great arrangement. They'd have lessons at 11 a.m. and I was able to can some beans. 


They learned so quickly. Olivia prefers the back stroke and Lindsey prefers the breast stroke but they both did well in all the styles they learned. 


Diving. 

Tyler learned to go under water and hold his breath for a few seconds. He likes to wear goggles and go under water and wave to anyone under water with him. 
Aidan and Tyler both discovered they could walk on toes in the shallow end. Aidan doesn't like getting his ears wet or his face. It was fun to watch him try to tip his head to the side to get his ear wet, just the lobe but he felt like he accomplished something.  I like being able to swim in the pool and not have to hold a little one. Unless Tyler's jumping off the diving board, then I have to  catch him.
And of course the rest of us would go swimming when lessons were done. We spent a few hours in the pool every day! It's a bit much for me but I did enjoy the time being with the kids and visiting with mom. 

We were able to meet up with some of our favorite Grandviewites one evening. The kids played at the park while the adults visited. Just like the old days. :)

We went out to dinner with my parents and grandparents another night.

My little fly catcher. He does a good job. Sometimes he captures them under a glass.


Playing with play dough. Olivia wants to be a baker. Look at her cake!

Tyler's train (Made by Olivia)

Enjoying making strawberry pie with garden fresh berries. I think Olivia REALLY liked it. We all had so much fun. We watched a few movies, played some games, made some jewelry, and just got to visit and catch up. It felt like it did when we lived in Grandview and I could visit my mom every day. 
Jaime was able to get more stuff done at work by staying later. We weren't home so he didn't feel bad work late. It made the following week easier for him because he had so much done before hand. 

On Friday night we went to the Tri-Cities Dust Devils baseball game. Jaime was gifted tickets months ago and we decided this night was a good time to use them since my parents were going. We invited Elizabeth and Jon to come as well. Outings are a blast with lots of family. 

Miss Happy-go-lucky. I love her. (Can you tell we got some sun this week!)
Lindsey was so tired she took a little nap on my mom's nap. The swimming and sun and constant activity really wore on the kids. 

Tyler and his new ball and mitt. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...