Summertime Learning

With Summer break lingering on a bit longer than expected and me being sick I felt like we were all in limbo. I wasn't feeling very productive since I was just laying around, my kids weren't being very productive either since I was just - LAYING around! 

We still needed to eat so breakfast became dinner sometimes. The kids never mind it though. And french toast is Lindsey's all time favorite! She had fun cutting out her hashtag #frenchtoast!

As soon as I was feeling relief with the help of my meds I wanted to help the kids do something educational but fun. I did multiplication flash cards with the girls and some of their friends and played a few rounds of Around the World. Once they made it around they got a candy out of the middle then continued on around again. It was fun for all of us. After playing the math game they were off to play who knows what!

I picked up some workbooks for Aidan and Tyler. I didn't even have to tell them to work on them. They each would do a few pages every day. 

We were able to spend a day at my Mom's. Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Aunt Mel and Uncle Time were there and Uncle Dick and Corrine came also. I enjoyed visiting with them during dinner. Later in the evening we all sat out on the deck and watched the sunset. 
We may not have gone on extra trips during our long summer break, but we definitely made some memories during the strike. (Even if I still wasn't completely better.)

On Saturday September 12th we had a End of Summer/Back to School BBQ at a friends house. We didn't know when school as going to start yet but we were all hopeful. Even the kids. They were ready to get back to school. Sunday morning we got notification that an agreement was made that morning around 3:30am! The Back to School BBQ worked! :) School was announced that it would start Tuesday September 15th after the teachers voted for the contract Monday afternoon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...