Firecrackers

We had a great 4th of July weekend. We started the morning by going to the city flag raising. We had to hustle because I was singing at it and wouldn't you know it, we were about 5 minutes late. At least I didn't miss the songs I had to sing, right? We spent the day with some friends and had a great time. The day ended better than I could have imagined. Can you believe that this is the first year that we have been able to watch fireworks as a family in our six years of marriage? We didn't have any tired little kids that were asleep (however they could have used the rest, I know), none of our kids were throwing up, and we had a great time. Up from our house is a dead end road. We drove to the top of the hill there and we could see the fireworks bursting all over the city. It was beautiful. The kids sat up front with Jaime and I and loved it.

At 7 a.m. Olivia woke me up saying, "It's the 4th of July and we need to get dressed. I have my 4th of July clothes!" Sure enough she did. So I helped her get dressed. Lindsey and Olivia had been waiting for weeks to have a donut at the flag raising. It was so cute. They actually ate an entire donut! I thought for sure I'd have to throw some away...especially Lindsey's because that girl eats pretty healthy and doesn't prefer a lot of sweets. (Wish I could be that way!)

Even Aidan was smiling at the new sights he saw. He loved the fireworks. I was able to get a picture of him at the steering wheel. It's amazing how well it turned out with it being dark. I just took a chance and shot the camera. He even smiled! I'm so glad Aidan was happy at 10 p.m.!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...