MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

On Friday I was still trying to pick out the color I wanted to paint the family room. I had picked out a color called Clay Bisque and it looked like a real nice beige on the family room walls but in the kitchen against the newly painted cabinets the color looked white. So, after already trying the Clay sample I risked a new color. I had Jaime pick up a color called Wood Smoke. That night we started to prep the room by taping trim and windows. I painted a little bit of the smoke color (a grey) next to the clay (beige) and I felt like the grey was going to be too dark...what I was trying to get away from with the dark brown panelling. So, after lots of talk and feeling bad that Jaime already bought the smoke colored paint I decided to go with the beige. We were up until 1 a.m. Friday because we watched a movie after our working. Saturday morning Aidan woke up at 5:40 so I fed him, put him back to bed, then I changed and by 6 a.m. I was on my way to Richland to Home Depot to pick up the clay paint. I got back home and gave the kids breakfast then it was time to work. Jaime finished priming the other paneled walls and I started painting the "regular" wall in the kitchen. I decided to paint that one wall in the kitchen the grey. It was a light lime green before. Jaime had bought a painting edger called Shurline. It was only about $6 and we figured it probably wouldn't work very well but for $6 we'd try it. I used it first on the wall just atop the cabinets so that if it didn't work you wouldn't see it. It worked!!! I was so excited. I hadn't taped the edges yet so this meant I didn't need to! I would have used a ton of tape around all the beams that went into the wall. It saved me so much time and it was actually fun painting around all the edges. It saved on tape too! We had already taped around the windows though so that didn't matter. The painting took all day. We had to take a brush and paint in between all the panels. The kids spent the day at Jaime's parents house. Another wonderful blessing of living near the grandparents. Thanks Martin and Diana, we couldn't have done it all in one day without you! By the time we finished painting, clean everything up and put the house back together and finally getting in to bed it was 1 a.m. Sunday! The rooms look nice and bright now. The clay color, however, looks like white on the walls now that you can't see the bright white primer next to it. Oh well, I'm not going to repaint it. Too much long work and it still looks nice. Ok, enough with all the talk..here's the pictures you've been waiting for.

Priming!
Half of the room is done! The biggest walls anyway.


The new kitchen paint color.



Family room


Windows in family room and kitchen



The colors look different in person but you get the idea. The bookcase in the family room isn't done yet. I'm going to paint the inside of it grey like in the kitchen and paint the shelves the color of the walls. That'll be another project for me to do. It's nice knowing that we have accomplished two of our summer projects even though Jaime ended up having to work this summer with his new job that he took. We were looking forward to having him home this summer and getting lots done around the house. At least we've got the biggest projects done. The others on our list aren't as big.

Comments

  1. I love it! You guys chose well and way to go to get it all done! You are one dedicated woman Lisa. I'm excited to see it in person... I might just have to drop by and see for myself. :) Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, it looks really really good! I can't wait to come and see it in person. If you've still got motivation after all your projects, you can come help me finish mine. I've got to repaint as well, but I'm pretty much burnt out on painting for the next 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, Your paint job is AWESOME! Your kitchen too. I'm jealous at this very moment. So glad to see you too! I looked on Carina's blog for names that I might recognize from Grandview and there weren't many. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...