California here we come!

We went to Crescent City, California - also known as Southern Oregon. :) Emily and her family moved there a few months ago and invited us to come this summer. We went the first week of July. Crescent City is very much like Seaside. Windy, chilly beaches, overcast and when it's sunny you soak in as much vitamin D as possible!

The kids had a great time playing outside in the yard, playing games, toys, and exploring on the beach and in the Red Woods.

Trip Toys!

Jaime set the Wii up in the car so the kids could play games, watch movies, or both at the same time!

And I thought I had it good with our tiny TV and VCR to watch video tapes in the our van when I was a kid. 

Tyler and Wescott

Lindsey and Jacob playing a grueling game of Battleship one night. 

Our first morning there we went to the beach and visited the light house. 




Emma and Olivia

picture perfect!


After the lighthouse escapade we went to the aquarium.

Aidan liked the "petting zoo" 

Olivia's love - orca whales




Petting sharks! Even I put my hand in the shark tank. They aren't slimy feeling like I anticipated. The feel very strong and muscular as they glide past.



Waiting for the seal and sea otter show!



I was pleasantly surprised by how fun the show was. 

Tyler chilin' with captain Hook!

aahh gift shop items...

yaw mawn!





On the Fourth of July Emily and I entered the 5K. It was a beautiful route. The first half was along the coast and then we merged into the parade and on to the finish. 


It took all I had to not run this. Emily's been working at walking and getting in shape that I couldn't leave her behind to walk it alone. The whole purpose was to do this together. I enjoyed the walk and visit with Emily. When Emily was ready to run, I would run along side her. Good job at your dedication Emily! So proud of you!

Tyler and Jacob snuggled up to stay warm during the firework show. 

Aidan, Olivia and Lindsey

Wescott, William, and Emma
Being all wrapped up and snuggling together to keep warm during the fireworks makes it a bit more fun. Emily and I could talk and laugh (like we do so easily) and not worry about where the kids were. They didn't want to move for fear of getting cold. :)
So grateful for this country and for the opportunity we had to spend Independence day with Emily and Jeremiah's family. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...