Veterans Day

I don't have a lot of pictures of when my Grandpa Hyrum Dean Naylor was younger so when I see pics of him on Facebook that other family members post I save the images so I can "have" them.

Happy Veterans Day.

I'm grateful for the service of my Grandfather and so many others.

This Veterans Day, November 11th, also worked out for us to get together for an early dinner. Marcus didn't have school, Bel and Chris didn't have work (Chris took the day off to take Bel for another biopsy), Jaime didn't have work, kids didn't have work. Martin and Diana worked but got off by 3. We all met at Red Robin for dinner at 4:30. Perfect time. We only waited about 10 minutes for them to get our table set up. Dinner was great, we enjoyed getting together to visit. We were there for 2 hours! This week also marked our 1 year anniversary of going to Disneyland last year. We all enjoyed talking about and reminiscing about the trip. It was so much fun reliving everything that it felt like we were just there. 
We wanted to get everyone together also before Bel started her treatments and wasn't feeling herself. She has a long road ahead of her but I know she's tough and will make it through. It'll be tough for everyone to see her not feeling well and going through treatments, surgery, and recovery. 

It's effected my kids pretty hard. I knew it'd be hard news for Lindsey. She's such a worry wort and paranoid she now fears she's coming down with something or something is wrong with her. She worries for Bel. She's becoming caught up in worry and sadness. I'm not quite sure how to convince her that she can't live in this worry. It'll make her feel worse. The best she can do for Bel is to pray for her. So I'm trying to find some things for Lindsey to do to be active and keep herself preoccupied. Friday night she stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa Morales. I'm happy Lindsey and Olivia were able to have a couple days with Diana. 

Tyler has really surprised me. When we told the kids about Bel he was in his own little world. Jaime mentioned Bel having surgery and Tyler asked if she'd need sleeping gas. Then he became fixated on that that he didn't seem to be paying attention to anything else. A couple days later I got an email from his teacher saying he was crying and told her that his aunt was sick and her hair was going to fall out. (I know you may be wondering why we told our kids such sad news. But we wanted to give them a heads up about what would be happening because they will be seeing it.) Every now and then Tyler will get a little teary eyed and give me a hug and say he's sad about Bel. 

Bel starts chemo after Thanksgiving. Christmas will be a little different and hard. We will be playing it by ear. Seeing if Bel will be able to have many around or not. She's found out that her tumor is fast growing and her cancer is almost at stage 3. We remain optimistic we will be getting some good news. She's going to beat this and will be ok. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...