I'm Grateful for Wonderful People in My Family's Life

I wanted to document these wonderful people for my kids. Lindsey came into Young Women with some great Beehive leaders. All the girls love them and they have so much fun. Lindsey was so excited to be in their group. 

Sister Cierra Owens (very top left) and Sister Sarah Ritchie (top right) love all these girls. You can imagine how sad the girls were when they found out Sister Ritchie was moving out of the ward. Just a neighborhood over from us but another ward. 😔 Shortly after that news Sister Owens announced that her husband would be starting work in Utah. The Beehive girls miss them so much. I'm truly grateful for these women who helped get my daughter excited about growing up and going to mutual. She fears the new and unknown so she was hesitant about going to Young Women but it only took the very first activity to quickly change Lindsey's mind. 

Another couple wonderful people are Brother and Sister Salsbury. They have been primary teachers to both Aidan and Tyler. They had the kids call them grandma and grandpa because Salsbury was kind of tough for the kids to say. The Salsbury's have golden hearts. Both my boys have soft spots for them. It's not surprising that they loved kids so much considering they have 11 kids (3 sets of twins).
Brother Salsbury had surgery that he never woke up from. His body slowly shut down. He was on a feeding tube and life support. He was in a coma for a month before his kidneys stopped functioning and he left this life. 
Gary and Betty Jean Salsbury

It was hard news to tell my boys. They both cried. They give Sister Salbury hugs quite often at church. 

I'm grateful for the knowledge we have that death is not the end. I have no doubt there's work going on in the other side of the veil. I find a lot of comfort anymore in this doctrine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...