First Day of School 2016-2017 School Year



Lindsey's first day of 7th Grade. With last year the first year the district moved 6th grade down to the elementary schools Lindsey stayed in elementary last year (which is why she was able to be in Jaime's school last year. Best decision we made for her for 6th grade.) so today is her first day in middle school. She's had her tour of the school. She's got her schedule. She's had volleyball practice the past week so she's now excited to start school with her friends she's been talking to at practice. She's a bit nervous about changing classes but I know she will catch on quick. Plus, the 8th graders don't attend school today so the 7th graders have the school to themselves to help get adjusted. I do like that. It's the same for freshman at the high schools too. Lindsey catches the bus at 6:49am. She set her alarm for 5:45. She's not the fastest at getting ready. We're hoping she won't need to wake up till 6 once she gets her routine down. After Lindsey leaves, the boys are next at leaving at 8:15am to catch their bus. 

Tyler has the 1st grade teacher Aidan had last year and is very excited to be in Señora Paup's class. 

Aidan acts as though he's been going to all his life and it's just another day. He loves school so much. He is in Señora Cruz's class. 

Olivia moved over to attend school at Jaime's school this year. I wanted her to be in Mrs. Gonzalez's class. Lindsey had her at Franklin in 5th grade last year. When McClintock opened Mrs. Gonzalez moved there to be on Jaime's staff. With Olivia attending McClintock she catches a ride with Jaime to school and leaves about 8:45am.

I only got a picture of the Olivia and the boys because they were still in bed when Lindsey left to school. Kind of makes me sad. I got my usual picture of Ainzlee, the neighbor girl, walking with Tyler and Aidan to the bus stop. I'm so grateful she still stops to pick them up every morning. This will be the last year she walks with them to bus stop as next year she will be in 7th grade and catching the same bus as Lindsey. 

Emily and Olivia, they're connected at the hip. Emily also switched schools to still be in class with Olivia. They've both been in the same classes the last few years. I don't think they'd make it this year without each other. ;) Emily comes to our house in the morning and catches a ride with Olivia and Jaime. The mornings Jaime has early meetings the girls will just walk to I'll take them to school. 

Now, all my kids are in school. Bel is doing really well and has less appointments and is back to work so I have a lot more time to myself. What am I going to do? Well, right now I'm going to get a good workout in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...