Birthday Getaway

Jaime arranged for us to go on a weekend getaway together for my birthday. It really is the best present he gets me. He doesn't need to get me anything else. I love the time with him. The time to relax and catch up with him. This time we did go to the Davenport Grande in Spokane, same as last year, but just for Friday night. Saturday we did some shopping and then headed on over to Coeur d'Alene Resort in Idaho. 

Just beautiful. This is the view from our balcony.







The dinner at one of the restaurants in the resort was so good. I asked for a seat at the window by the water and the waiter took us right to it. We beat the rush. More and more guests began arriving after we got there. 


I tried something new...which is hard for me to do. I hate to spend money on an unknown dish and then not really care for it and wish that I went with something that'd be more familiar to me. However, this time I got something new and I know I'd get again if we were to go back. 

The resort was beautiful with its many sitting areas around a fish tank

and warm fire. I sat at the fire for a bit to warm up. :)

I passed on my free birthday ice cream sundae because we were too full and had planned to get a "Gooey" from the bar later on. We decided to share one that evening because look how huge it is! We got the chocolate peanut butter brownie one. The chocolate peanut butter pops on the top were so good! I'd like to ask them just for those next time! We shared the ice cream and ate the entire thing. Yeah, it was that good. 


Sunday morning we said goodbye to the resort and headed home. Just a short weekend for us to spend 100% of our attention on each other. I'd pick these getaways over weekly date night any time. ;) I'm so grateful to Jaime's parents for wanting to spend the time with the kids and watch them so we can go on short trips together. I Love you Jaime. Thank you for such a wonderful birthday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

Living Life Day to Day

The Past Week...