The Cost of Living

Sometimes unfortunate things will happen. I understand that. And you know what they say, when it rains it pours. I guess we haven't had a pour out of unfortunate events but a steady drizzle. In the last six months we've needed to replace all four tires on my van, replace a garage door opener, replace the battery in my van, replace the windshield in my van, replace our microwave, and our most recent repair was my dryer. The heating element broke. Brian was the last one to use the dryer when he was here and a couple days later I used it and there was no heat. hahaha I had to laugh that it's last run was on Brian's load. You'd think that it'd happen during a full laundry day where I had load after load going. So for a couple days I washed just a few things we needed and then let them hang to dry. Because it's so cold outside the furnace runs a bit more so I just hang the clothes over my drying rack standing on top of the vent in the laundry room. Clothes dry up in a couple hours! I was glad that the heating coil that needed to be replaced was an item the technician had on hand in his truck. So I only had to wait three days till it was fixed. What a blessing! I'm glad I could be grateful for something in a downer situation. I felt blessed that it was something that I was still able to remain positive about and had confidence it wouldn't be that big of an issue to fix. If these are going to be the trials we get to deal with for a while, I'll take it. While these are simple, temporal trials, I pray that I'll be as optimistic and faithful during more trying times if or when they come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...