May the Fourth Be With You


Aidan's Lacrosse team. He had such a fun year. He never complained about going to practice or games. He wants to do it again next year. He's not super aggressive at fighting for the ball but he definitely improved over the season. If he does continue on and play next season he will be in the 3/4 grade level and will have even more games and some two day tournaments. Many of them are far away like Spokane and Wenatchee. That I'm not too fond of. Jaime really wanted this for Aidan though so we will give it another go around and see if Aidan truly wants to continue with it after a longer season. 

I wasn't planning on doing anything for May 4th. With tennis, choir for both girls, and lacrosse I felt like I had a million things to make it to each week. So my drive to do something fun for this day wasn't there. But before the kids all left for school this morning they all talked about the fun and what kinds of food we'd have for our May the Fourth Be With You Star Wars party. I suddenly felt like I couldn't disappoint. In enters Pinterest. It's where I get most of my ideas for this party each year. I picked out some easy things I could do, printed of the cute labels to identify each food item to a Star Wars thing or character. I went to the store and bought a few things for our dinner.
Everyone was so excited to see I had actually come through. We had
Princess Leia Buns - cinnamon rolls
Jabba the Pizza Hut - pizza
Light Sabers - pretzel rods dipped in colored almond bark (tastes much better than white chocolate)
Obi-Wan Kabob-i 's - fruit kabobs
Death Start Donuts - donut holes
Padawan Popcorn - popcorn
Luke Skywater - water (I didn't buy juice this time for Vader Ade and Yoda Soda. Keeping costs low)

The kids ran and got their Star Wars toys for decorations. I appreciate that something so simple (the pretzels took the most time) brought so much joy and excitement to my kids. It'll be this day, May 4th, that my kids will have good memories of. Something outside of the traditional holidays. Something I've been able to do that they truly love, that'll stick with them and possibly be done in their own families. Guess we'll see on that on. ;) 

Happy May the Fourth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...