Fun with Grandparents

Last year my kids didn't get to spend very much time with my parents during the summer. So this year mom asked if she could have my kids for a week. Now that they're getting older it's easier for me to leave them over night for longer periods of time. No diapers or potty training needed to be done for my mom. They're more independent now so my mom and dad get to actually spend fun time with my kids and not just babysitting them; making sure they're not getting in to cupboards or sewing stuff. hahaha. 


Mom is always so sweet to do fun things for when the kids come. She made fun little sandwiches and made a cute luncheon for the kids and their dolls. Of course the boys don't have dolls but they like the different menu options and the fact that it's something out of the norm lets them know it's special. 

The famous "Dumb Dinner" is being shared. Pat and Bill Flory would have them for my family every year when I was younger. 

The kids got a kick out of eating from odd kitchen utensils and dishes 

They can hardly wait to do another one. I always wanted to do one for my kids but just never got around to doing it. So their first introduction to it was from my mom. I'll have to get on it some time and do one at home. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of odd dishes I could come up with. :)

Lindsey spent a lot of time learning to cook in Grandma's kitchen. 

Making caramel corn


Yummy milk shakes. 

They spent every afternoon in the pool of course. These are times they'll remember when they are older. They'll tell their friends, spouse, kids, or whomever else how they would spend a week at their grandparents house swimming and having all sorts of fun. I think it's wonderful. 

What do I do while all the kids are gone playing? :) Jaime and I go out to eat a few times, we hang out with friends, we watch movies. During the day I enjoy my time to have alone with Jaime. We sleep in, go to a movie at the theater in the middle of the day, and get to feel like we have no other responsibilities. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...