First Day in Cancun

This is the longest trip Jaime and I have ever taken away from our kids. It couldn't have happened without Diana coming and staying with the kids. We were gone October 2nd - 10th! 

We were excited our first leg of flights was done. We landed in Denver and were happy to see our gate to Cancun! I was so ready to leave the cold behind and get to the tropical sunny heat in Mexico. I wore sweats and shoes on the plane but just before we made our decent into Mexico I slid a skirt over the top of my sweats and took my sweatpants off and replaced my shoes with sandals. As soon as we got off the plane I could feel the heat and humidity and was glad I had the smarts to do so!

Villa del Palmar

Our first picture we took in Cancun!
We went with Bryan and Amy Frederickson and David and Meredith Taylor. They're great friends who are in the same ward as us and live on the same street. We get together in the evenings frequently to have game nights. And you better believe we brought games to play while hanging out in Mexico!

When we finally got to the resort we were greeted at the front doors and our bags were taken for us and we were lead straight up to the top floor and into our new home. We didn't have to check in at the front desk or anything. Our concierge went over all the paperwork and information about the resort while we sat in the comfort of our new living room. 

We had a residence of about 4,000 square feet. Three bedrooms and four bathrooms. This was mine and Jaime's room. I loved the center tub, the steam room shower, giant closet, and personal balcony. 


The view when you walk into the suite. 

The living room

The view from the back of the resort, coming out our door. You can see nothing but jungle forever! There was nothing really around our resort. 

After we got all checked in we headed down to one of the restaurants, Caprichos, for dinner. We had an all inclusive trip to the resort so we were eager to be able to try all the food and drinks that we wanted. 
My appetizer was beets...yeah I still don't like them. It sure looked pretty though! Dinner I tried the lamb. I have never had lamb before and I thought since I wasn't having to pay for dinner I should try something new. It wasn't bad. I think it's a little dry but it was something I could eat. And I do think their presentation of food is very lovely.

After dinner we walked around the resort and took everything in. We had some good laughs then went back to our rooms to change and then went swimming. Had to get all the swimming fun in that we could. We made games of swinging across the beams under the bridge in one of the pools. Swinging from beam to beam with one hand, with hands and feet racing from one end to the other. Hanging from the edge and then flipping around. We looked like a bunch of kids...ok maybe not but the games we played reminded me of playing games when I was a kid.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...