Cancun Day 7: My Birthday!

I wanted to celebrate my 40th birthday somewhere warm. Jaime definitely delivered! It's been so fun being able to go to Cancun with friends. I feel like we're all on the same page. We just wanted to come relax and have fun. No one felt rushed or pressed for a schedule. We planned for a few things and the rest of the time we did what we felt like doing. 

Being served piƱa coladas poolside by the beach was awesome!


These guys are awesome! The only thing I said I wanted to do on my birthday was have French toast for breakfast (the buffet had some really good French toast.) and have drinks and tacos by the pool. Let me tell you, these guys all helped in doing just that. Crazy thing, the buffet was not getting the French toast refilled! I kept waiting thinking there'd be more. Nothing. Jaime asked a server for it. They said they'd check on it. Dave asked a server, they said they'd check on it. Meredith asked. Amy and Bryan would check the spot the French toast was. Still nothing came! Dave walked in to the kitchen! Said the French toast needed to be refilled. They were determined to get me my French toast. :) Just when I thought I'd have to go without it on my birthday we asked a lady who came to the table about the French toast. She left and came back with a plate of it! Leave it to the women ;) But seriously, I felt so grateful for my friends! What did wasn't much but they wanted me to have what I wanted on my birthday. 

After breakfast we went back to the room to get ready to go to the spa. Amy, Meredith and I went for some pampering. I got a 60 minute massage but after it was done I wished I'd gotten the 90 minute! It was real good. So relaxing. Their spa is real nice. Each massage room is in it's own air conditioned grass hut. Real cute. After the massage we went in to the vapor steam room. It's easier to sit in a steam room when there's eucalyptus vapor. Made it so much easier to breathe and very relaxing. After the steam room we did the water therapy. Dunk yourself into the cold tub, man it was so cold! Then you dip into the warm tub, then into the hot tub. That's where we spent the rest of our spa time just visiting. 

After the spa we went to the pool to swim and hang outside. 
And I made sure to get tacos poolside! 

For dinner we went to La Casona STK. Being it was our second time there I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner. It was delicious. After dinner I was surprised by waiters singing happy birthday and serving me with dessert.

Make a wish...

And now I'm 40. Wow...I don't feel like it.

When we got back to our hotel suite we were greeted with some yummy chocolate strawberries and wine...we passed on the wine. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...