Bel's Sugery

Bel was nervous but anxious for the surgery to be over with. The night before I had this prompting that I wanted to send her something uplifting to read before she went into surgery. So Monday evening I searched online for Ensign articles that I thought would be good for her to read that night. I came across one titled "The Lord Has Not Forgotten You" by Linda S. Reeves 2nd counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency. After I sent it to Bel it wasn't long after that she text me to tell me that it was exactly what she needed to hear. She was home alone and crying as she was getting ready for bed. I'm so grateful the Spirit helped me find just the right message to send to her. I had trouble sleeping that night. I kept thinking about her and worrying. The next morning she told me that she actually did sleep pretty good. My prayers were answered that she would be able to rest. :)

Tuesday morning she went early to the hospital at 6 am for her 7:30am mastectomy. 
I couldn't be at the hospital with her in the morning because I needed to help the kids get off to school. 

When the were all ready they came up with the idea to make cards for Aunt Bel before they left to school.



They were so sweet and Bel appreciated their thoughtfulness. I went to the hospital when I got word that her surgery was done. I took her some tulips and the cards from the kids. The poor girl looked so sick when I saw her. Blue dye was injected into her to see where the cancer might be. It made her face look greenish yellow. Thought the evening it faded away though. She woke up feeling pretty good. She's so brave. Her attitude through all this still amazes me. I know it's been scary and hard for her but she still looks for the positive and thinks about what's next. I think that helps her get through each milestone of this. I stayed at the hospital most of the day with her. I left when kids were getting home from school. That evening Jaime and I went back to stay with her till she was ready to go to sleep for the night. (Chris couldn't stay because of the dogs at home. They can't be left alone too long.) Jaime gave Bel a Priesthood blessing. I know she feels the comfort of the Spirit from those blessings Jaime gives her otherwise she wouldn't want them. After we helped her get ready for bed we said good night and headed home. 

Wednesday morning I went back to the hospital to see her. I see her so much now, going to appointments with her and staying with her during procedures it feels weird not being with her. :) I visited with her and Chris till I needed to go. 

Chris got her home and all tucked into bed. She looks so peaceful. :) I'll go stay with her next week for a few days to take care of her while Chris is gone to work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...