School Project

I don't particularly enjoy doing school projects with my kids. Ok, I'll be honest. I don't like it at all. So when I got the note that Olivia had a home connection project where we had to help her build a replica of a 13 colony I was not thrilled, to say the least. 
But I felt bad that I didn't seem to put much heart in Lindsey's same project a couple years ago so I did better this time. We've had so much going on this week though, sports or choir concerts every night that Wednesday was the only day we had! School lets out at 1:40 on Wednesdays so Olivia came straight home and at 2:00 we got started on her project. I had bought some supplies for her colony in the morning while she was at school.  I pretty much built the structures and Olivia and Lindsey painted, drew, glued and set up everything else. I'll admit, my heart wasn't in it to begin with but the more I got working the more I couldn't stop and was enjoying working with Olivia. It took us 8 hours from start to finish. I did stop to make dinner but the girls continued working on it. I did breathe a sigh of relieve however at 10pm when we finished getting the sand glued on and knew it was ready to be turned in the following day. A day ahead early too! ;)

It turned out real cute. 

She had to have at least one moving part. She did the bucket on the well and I came up with the swing. It worked perfectly thanks to my jewelry making supplies. So she had two moving parts. ;) Guess we're over achievers. 

Her blacksmith shop is so cute. She made the fire pit for it. 

Along with a horse shoe and hammer.

I found these cute corn stalks at a hobby store. Made a perfect corn field!

The church

I'd say overall we did good. She had to use some natural elements so we used sand, wood, rocks, and plants. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...