She's a Teen....a....gerrrrr?

13! It's here! I still feel like I could have her as an infant in my arms. I remember being in the hospital waiting to have her and Jaime and Dr. Meininger were watching the March Madness basketball games, talking about BYU. 

And now she's more on her own. Enjoying middle school, tennis, friends, mutual activities. Before I know it she will be working on getting her drivers license. 

She's a girl after my own heart. Ice cream cakes are way better than any regular cake. The icing is sliding off the top because I had it out of the freezer to thaw so it was easier to cut and eat. I didn't realize it was melting till someone mentioned it. So we sang a quick round of Happy Birthday so she could make her wish. :)

I hope it was a good one.

She's getting out of the toy phase, it's hard to just buy clothes and know they'll fit so she was given lots of money gift cards to stores. She loves it. Funny thing is she saves them for a long time too. She still has gift cards from last years birthday gifts as well. 

Basketball in the back. :) Couldn't miss since we're all keeping track of our brackets. :)

I like that she takes the time to read the cards. 


She loves beachy things. When she was shopping one weekend with Olivia and Aunt Bel she saw this seahorse plaque and wanted it. Bel was sneaky and added it to her cart. 

I got Lindsey clothes and these wedge sandals she absolutely fell in love with when she saw them in the store. And the clothes she got she knew she was getting them because I had her try them on. She's going to be like me I'm afraid. You can't just buy something in your size and it will fit. Nope, you gotta try it on first, then buy. So that's what we did. But at least I didn't have to return anything! :)

Happy 13th Lindsey! You're a beautiful girl. You've got a tender spirit that has a desire to do what's right. I love that about you. I like your drive to learn to play tennis this spring. I hope you'll always want to be active and have a healthy life. I love you sweet girl! Thanks for going shopping with me. This past week was shortened school days because of parent/teacher conferences. Lindsey would get out of school at 10:40 and be done with tennis by noon. I'd pick her up and we went to lunch one afternoon. It's really something I'd like to do more often with each of the kids. It's just something I need to make an effort to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...