Christmas Program and Party

We did a bit smaller Christmas party this year. I planned and organized a small christmas program for my Grandparents and parents. We invited the Martin family and Christensen family to participate, sadly Christsensens because ill and couldn't come. Only Jessica was still able to make it and lead the children's songs and sing with me. We also invited Andreana, the music teacher at Lindsey and Olivia's school. I first met her this past summer because she had invited Jaime and I, along with other LDS people she knows, to come and bear their testimonies to her. She had been baptized a few years ago but then went inactive. She was trying to make a decision to come back to the church or not. After this "intervention" she had us come to, she did decide to go to church. She's not in our ward but when I see her at the school I enjoy visiting with her. I was grateful she accepted the invitation and came to our program. I'm sure she felt the Spirit in our home just like the rest of us did. 

Our refreshment table

Lindsey made a bunch of snowflakes all by herself.  She wanted to help decorate. She did a wonderful job. I was grateful to have her help set the scene. :)

Tyler, Aidan, Lindsey, Olivia, Braden, Justin sang "Stars Were Gleaming" and "Samuel Tells of Jesus' Birth." I kind of wish I had them sing more songs they did so well.

Dale Anne and Tyler played a couple duets. She plays the piano so well. Both her and Tyler play for our ward choir and it's so beautiful.

Lindsey and Braden played a couple songs too. It was a surprise for my parents and grandparents to see Lindsey play the violin. She never told them she was taking lessons because she had planned on surprising them!

Lindsey played a couple numbers on the piano

and so did Olivia. We closed by everyone singing Silent Night together. Then we visited and enjoyed some snacks. It truly was a wonderful evening. Good entertainment, good food, and good company during the holiday season. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...