My Birthday

Another Birthday come and gone! Not quite 35, close enough...34. Before I know it I'll be 40! It's true, time goes faster the older you get. Next year I'll have a teenager! Wow, this is just hitting me. I'll be 35 next year and Lindsey will be a teenager!
Anywhoo, back to my birthday. Sarah, the sweet friend that she is, asked if she could take me out to lunch on my birthday Thursday October 8th. It was a pleasant surprise to see a bunch of other ladies waiting for me at Olive Garden. They had my spot at the table piled with sweet gifts. We spent 2 1/2 hours visiting over lunch. Having all my kids in school all day now really can have its perks! ;) The day was continually made special by phone calls, texts, and visits from other friends that couldn't make it and calls from family. The most surprising phone call was from dear Bill and Pat Flory so they could sing to me. I do miss seeing them when we lived in Grandview. They're truly amazing and thoughtful people. 

(Clockwise around the table) Lyndee, Janica, Celia, Sarah, Me, Susi, Jessica, Amy

I was expecting Jaime to be home from Seattle around 5 and then we were planning on going out to dinner. Then I received the news from him that his flight was delayed. Then delayed again, and again! He didn't get home till almost 8. So I just whipped up a quick meal of Pasta Roni and ate a late dinner with the kids. Olivia's friend Emily stayed to join us. After dinner the girls said we needed cake. You all know by now that I'm not a cake eater so I wasn't about to make myself a cake earlier that day. However, I had received a bunch of mini cinnamon rolls HAND DELIVERED by Carina Anderson! It was a shocking surprise to see her! I loved it. Olivia placed a cinnamon roll on the birthday plate for me and put a candle in it. I lit the candle and the girls sang the best birthday song to me. 

As you can see the girls had lots of laughs and smiles as they sang to me. It definitely made me laugh, it was great. It helped to lift my spirits after I was let down from not having Jaime home for my birthday when we were planning on it. But I tried looking on the positive side, he made it home safe! That's all that really matters.
And he said he'd make it up later. 

He surprised me with a quick weekend getaway. Bel took the kids to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Morales. They were happy to be able to see Grandpa too now that harvest hours were done at his work. Then Jaime and I took off driving...and I didn't know where. Jaime may not bring home little surprises like flowers or gifts randomly for me,  he's more in to trying to surprise me with thoughtfully made out plans. He's done it on more than one occasion. I was happy to just have the weekend with him but now we were going on a trip!

We had a great time being together and going on walks, having a delicious dinner! And then going to see the Washington State Chinese Lantern Festival.

During the program this guy was balancing on a plank on a cylinder. Then he had someone from the audience come up and hand him bowls. The performer would flip up the plank to catch the bowl on a stack of bowls top of his head. 

He was quite the comedian too making the crowd laugh with his jokes and antics. 

The park was full of these beautiful Chinese lanterns.



I love the tulips.

There were many different kinds of animals throughout. 

I had to get a picture of the dinosaurs for the boys to see. Some were motorized and moved as well.

The symbolic Chinese dragon




It was pretty romantic walking around in the dark looking at all the lanterns.




























This picture was taken Thursday morning before the boys were off to school. I didn't even realize that I had dressed them in similar colors! They were just too cute. My heart melted when they got home after we were gone for my birthday trip. Aidan walked in the door just exhausted saying "Hi mom, I'm so tired." Poor kid. Tyler came running in to my and gave me a giant hug and said, "Mom I missed you so much." He's a momma's boy through and through. The boys bathed and were in bed by 7:20pm. Jaime and I walked in to see if they were asleep at 7:29 and they were out! YES!! They were asleep before 7:30. I'd say this weekend wore them out. Running in the Color Run sure attributed to their exhaustion. Thirty minutes later and the girls were in bed and fast asleep as well. 

Thank you Jaime for a wonderful time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...