My Tyler

Tyler lost his first tooth!


Can you tell he's very excited about this?

We barely noticed it was loose Monday and he told me to pull it out Tuesday evening! I wasn't sure it was loose enough and worried it hurt when I pulled it. I used a napkin to grab the tooth so it's not so slippery, grabbed the tooth, pulled ever so slightly and out it came! He has this perfect little circle in his gum. Apparently the tooth was looser than we thought. :)

Tyler didn't have school on Wednesday September 30th so I decided to make it a day out together. The other kids were getting out of school early (every Wednesday is early release) so I thought Tyler and I could be gone the entire morning and get back when the others got home around 2. Tyler and I went to the river. He was so sweet walking along the water with me. He'd take off a few times to chase a few seagulls then he'd come right back. He'd talk about the "rules" to follow when being by the water. He saw a sign that said no swimming near the boat dock but he assumed it said no running on the dock. I didn't correct him. I thought it was a good rule for him to not run on the dock. :)

After walking along the water we went to play on the playground. Yes, I ran around and chased him. I needed to make sure he ran around enough to release some energy. I swear he never runs out!

I asked him where he wanted to go for lunch. He chose McDonald's of course but he was wearing flip flops and they are kind of sticklers about wearing socks on the restaurant playground. (I am too.) He didn't miss a beat. His second choice was Bob's Burgers and Brew. 

He sat and colored of so long and patiently waited for his meal, traditional Mac-O-Cheese. I think having the one on one time helped him want to sit there. I would comment on his picture and he'd continue to color and tell me why he was coloring each thing the color he chose. 
Tyler struggles with enjoying school or even wanting to go (being in a class where the teacher only speaks Spanish has got to be hard). He's used to it being just him and me while the others are at school and now he doesn't get that mommy and me time for as long or as often. He gets home from school at 4:10, I help the other three get their homework done and start dinner around 4:30-5 so we can eat dinner when Jaime gets home around 5:30. After eating dinner and getting it all cleaned up it's usually around 6-6:30. That gives us about 30-60 minutes till 7 when kids start getting ready for bed and then we do reading for at least 20 minutes and family prayer and try to get the boys in bed by 7:30. Sometimes we do get some family play time in there and they get to bed closer to 8. Having regularly scheduled activities like FHE, Piano, Activity Days, and school functions take time as well. So when I do get to make something special happen like this day with Tyler I think we enjoy it more. As my kids keep getting older our days and evenings are going to be more busy I'm sure. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

SURPISE!!!!

The Past Week...