Ringing in 2016

We had an array of snacks and goodies to eat for our dinner and to munch on while playing games to celebrate on New Years Eve. 

Playing charades. 

Olivia wrote down the things we would act out. She went with a Star Wars theme. 

Playing Sorry! We also put together a puzzle. It's the Frozen puzzle there with Olaf the snowman enjoying laying on the hot beach. 

We watched the ball drop and yelled Happy New Year and kissed at midnight...eastern time. 😁 Then we finished the game we were playing. When it was done the boys went to bed. 

Tyler was brushing his teeth and after he spit in the sink he said "Hey where's my tooth!" We're thinking he must have spit the tooth in the sink and the running water pushed it down the drain. He was pretty sad but a note to the tooth fairy seemed to help. I'm sure she'll find it and if not he will probably get his money that he was worried about. 

The girls went to bed a little after ten and now it's just after 11 and I'm beat. I enjoyed a fun and quiet night home with my family to celebrate. We could have gone to another couple's home for a New Years party but Jaime and I both wanted to stay home and I'm glad we did. We enjoyed the time together and we even did it without staying up till an exhausting hour to only have cranky kids in a couple days. 😉 I hope. It's the first time in our marriage that we haven't stayed up till midnight. Are we getting old? Or maybe the past few nights up till midnight had taken its toll on us. 

Jaime and I have already set a couple goals for us for 2016. It's doable! Let's hope we make it happen. 
Happy New Year! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...