Pat Flory

This wonderful lady whom I admire so much as passed through the veil. I was able to go see her in the hospital, even though she was unconscious. We had planned to go to Leavenworth with Darin's family but we couldn't miss Pat's funeral. (Also with the single digit temps we weren't too thrilled about walking outside in Leavenworth.)


It was a beautiful funeral. Mike gave a wonderful talk about the innkeeper of the man who had fallen to theives and the good Samaritan cared for him and took him to the inn and paid the innkeeper for anything else he'd need. It's how we all need to be. 

It was asked who all there had received a card or letter from Pat. Everyone raised their hands. I can't count how many my family has received. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and just because she would send us things. I'll never forget the nice dinner she had made and had Bill bring in to our house and even light a candle for us to have a candle lit dinner. :) 

When her kids were talking and said how their mom would send cards to friends and family and give calls for birthdays to family members I cried. I had asked Pat why she'd always do so much for us. She responded with "Because you're family." It really sunk in that she did think of me as family. The last time I talked with her and Bill on the phone was on my birthday in October. They called again to sing happy birthday and wish me a good day. What wonderful caring people they are. 

I was surprised to see Tyler's birthday card come in the mail. I'm not sure if she'd already begun working on cards for December and one of her daughters or Bill went ahead and sent them out while Pat was in the hospital.

This will be the last card we receive from "Bill and Pat."

This picture is how I'll always remember them. I've known them since I was a toddler. They've always been one of the happiest kindest people to me and my children whenever we see them. Pat will surely be missed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SURPISE!!!!

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

The Past Week...